I was recently in a car accident need some help

Stan

Last week I was involved in a vehicle accident. Other Driver was At fault, was going down hill in a Dodge Ram going way faster than speed limit made a illegal turn without signaling and slammed right into me head on. I received whip lash, jammed my thumb, burns on my arms, cuts and because of air bag going off it slammed into my chest and caused air to reach my heart. Was very scary. I’m very shaken up. The other driver lied to police, said he was in turning lane to turn didn’t realize how fast I was going and slammed into me. He also wasn’t cited which I said I was bullshit by the cop. I was taken to the hospital for X-rays and tests. I had witnesses who saw him coming down hill at great rate of speed made a illegal turn and was in the driving lane not center lane. I need to fight this fuck because my car was completely totaled in the front and the damage was extensive. Can anybody help me out what to do this guy should have been cited. I think he was either on his phone distracted. I’m not ok and losing my car is not a big deal I’m glad I’m alive but I’m extremely pissed this guy could have killed me by his negligent behavior and he got off the hook not even a citation even though I have wtitnesses who saw him do exactly what I saw. Illegal turn from driving lane without proper signal and high rate of speed. 

Edited by Stan

I would say you need to consult a personal injury attorney like Hughes & Coleman or Morgan & Morgan (if you're in Middle TN). There are tons of them but Morgan got my sister a 75K settlement from an auto accident a few years back. It depends on if either of you had insurance and there could be other factors but I would call them before you talk to anyone else. The attorney will do an independent investigation as will the insurance company so it doesn't matter if he wasn't cited by the police. 

3 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Never mind the whiplash, jammed thumb, burns, cuts.  As long as that left testicle that was giving you trouble made it through unscathed, you good bro.

It did but I’m having shit luck lately 

Your insurance will have their own lawyers, but you should find someone to represent yourself.  If you have a case the lawyer will take their fee out of any settlement.

You might look for businesses around that intersection with security cameras that might have caught the accident.....but they might not want to talk to you without a lawyer.

Best advice I can give anyone is go buy a dash camera only about $40.  I drive 40K per year in my job and it has saved me a time or two.  Keeps police from asking you incriminating questions during traffic stops too.

https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Recorder-Detection-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B07GFF7NLB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=37872DJHEKYEX&dchild=1&keywords=dash+cam&qid=1594255828&sprefix=dash+cam%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-2

image.png.b92e9c31068af1039a575eb65dcd9307.png

On 7/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, klaatu- said:

I would say you need to consult a personal injury attorney like Hughes & Coleman or Morgan & Morgan (if you're in Middle TN). There are tons of them but Morgan got my sister a 75K settlement from an auto accident a few years back. It depends on if either of you had insurance and there could be other factors but I would call them before you talk to anyone else. The attorney will do an independent investigation as will the insurance company so it doesn't matter if he wasn't cited by the police. 

Wow was she badly hurt? Unfortunately I’m in San Diego, CA. I’ve reached out to some lawyers here but none of them wanted to take such a low level case. Because I wasn’t injuried to point of broken bones. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow was she badly hurt? Unfortunately I’m in San Diego, CA. I’ve reached out to some lawyers here but none of them wanted to take such a low level case. Because I wasn’t injuried to point of broken bones. 

She had a neck injury but no broken bones. They may have taken her case because the guy that hit her was on the clock in a company truck and hit her at about 60 mph because he wasn't paying attention that traffic was stopped on the interstate.