23 minutes ago, abenjami said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/which-nfl-fan-base-most-deserves-a-super-bowl-title-this-season

Which fan base deserves a super bowl title this season?  No one picks the Titans.  Can't say I am surprised we get overlooked yet again.

Screw those guys. We just have to take it and then they'll have talk about us.

Edited by freakingeek

I'm trying not to be a biased Titans fan here and I just don't see how they wouldn't be mentioned at all.

The article begins by pointing out that 12 teams have never won a super bowl.  The Titans/Oilers are one of those 12 teams and they are also one of the original franchises.  Thus, our fan base has endured the pain longer than some other fan bases.  The Jags fans deserve it more?  Really?

The Jets have already won a super bowl.  Fuck their fans.  They can wait for a second one.

Having the Cardinals, Lions and Browns in there makes a ton of sense.  Not mentioning the Titans does not.

4 hours ago, abenjami said:

The Jets have already won a super bowl.  Fuck their fans.  They can wait for a second one.

Having the Cardinals, Lions and Browns in there makes a ton of sense.  Not mentioning the Titans does not.

Exactly. The Cardinals have been around 100 years, the Lions 90 years, and the Browns have been in the NFL (on and off) for 70 years.

The Cards haven't won a championship since 1947 when they were still in Chicago. Detroit's last championship was in 1957.

Cleveland's last championship was in 1964, two years before the first Super Bowl. All three of these teams are long overdue to win a Super Bowl.

But the Jets won what is probably the most memorable Super Bowl ever played. And of course MJD picked his own beloved Jags. What an asshole! :finger3:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I just can't pass on using an Unforgiven quote

“You just shot an unarmed man... Well he should of armed himself”. That movie was gold...

The Titans are the team that if someone in the room at NFL.com had said, "Hey, what about the Titans?"  Everyone would have looked at each other and said, "Oh yeah, you don't hear much about them....hmmmm.....        now what about the Jets.?"  

The problem is, no one even stopped and said that.

I love it, they're definitely our team all to ourselves.

I don’t think a lot of the media associates our history with the Oilers. They don’t look at us as a long super bowl less franchise. 

MJD played for the Jags so I’d say that’s the only explanation that he chose them. 

I thought about writing a considered rebuttal to his dipshittery, but then realized it wasn't necessary.  Results don't matter, perceptions do.