Washington Reviewing Team Name

43 minutes ago, klaatu- said:

Lol So they're sending out an announcement that they will be announcing that they will be change the team name to some other name not yet determined?

If this doesn't wind up on the Onion I will be disappointed.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s no need to change the team name. Just change the logo and they'd be fine...  

Welcome to 2020 ladies and gents. The year of victim mentality. This years slogan, "that offends me"

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Denali said:

That new name will be difficult to fit on helmets and apparel, but it's so anti-establishment, so the libtard degenerates will like it.

They should call them the Washington Cheetos because they play in the same city as our lord and savior Cheeto Christ.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

They should call them the Washington Cheetos because they play in the same city as our lord and savior Cheeto Christ.

spacer.png

He does not even belong in the same sentence as cheetos. Republicans know he is a moron. I respect Republicans who follow ideals they have even when I do not agree. But anyone who follows that jackass for the only reason he is our current leader is as big a moron as he is. Which is a much bigger part of the nation than it should be.

Edited by Callidus

On 7/9/2020 at 10:54 AM, El Guapo said:

Douchebags in honor of Snyder would be my pick.

Snyder really does suck in so many ways. I actually feel bad for their fans, who have cultivated a strong base out of spite. The worst gameday experience I ever had was in "DC." Getting to the stadium was a massive slog, even on the Metro. Advertising felt way more egregious and more of the focus of low quality segments and video packages. Fans were nice but everything felt kind of "meh", with a mix between real fans of the team and DC casuals. Ravens (as much as I hate the fucks) felt like a real environment, almost like a college level enthusiasm at the tailgate and much better game day experience. 

Edited by Bink

1 hour ago, TeamRamrod said:

Good. It’s a team nickname and logo. Anyone actually upset about this and feigning that it’s about history or tradition is really showing their hand.

I couldn't care less about the Redskins, Foreskins, or whatever they're going to call themselves. I'm kinda laughing at Snyder because somebody made him do something he didn't want to do. Fuck him.

My problem in general is capitulating to outside lobbyists with political agendas and allowing them to dictate something they shouldn't. It's also about letting corporate interests dictate something that it shouldn't and if not for ownership greed wouldn't have. "FedEx Field"? Who the fuck wants their team's stadium named after a package delivery company in the first place? Snyderly Whiplash only cares because money, but who brings in the most revenue, FedEx or the fans? Imo, stadium names should be an extension of a team's identity, not an extension of it's fucking quarterly portfolio.

But I digress, they're only the first ones to cave. They won't be the last. The Chiefs, Braves, Blackhawks, etc are all officially on the clock. Just a matter of time. And if you say "the Chiefs name isn't offensive" I'll just counter with "neither was the Redskins, but somebody with an agenda said it was."

Edited by NashvilleNinja

45 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But I digress, they're only the first ones to cave. They won't be the last. The Chiefs, Braves, Blackhawks, etc are all officially on the clock. Just a matter of time. And if you say "the Chiefs name isn't offensive" I'll just counter with "neither was the Redskins, but somebody with an agenda said it was."

I fail to see what the problem is. If someone find it offensive, then change the name. Your fear is a pretty irrational one.

Edited by TeamRamrod

Washington has a kickass color combination.  Like with uniform changes, this is one of those dumb things that excites me.  Especially in this time where we don't have much news - they would do well for themselves to build this up as some type of event.  

They could generate a lot of good will by simply providing a live event related to sports right now.

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I couldn't care less about the Redskins, Foreskins, or whatever they're going to call themselves. I'm kinda laughing at Snyder because somebody made him do something he didn't want to do. Fuck him.

My problem in general is capitulating to outside lobbyists with political agendas and allowing them to dictate something they shouldn't. It's also about letting corporate interests dictate something that it shouldn't and if not for ownership greed wouldn't have. "FedEx Field"? Who the fuck wants their team's stadium named after a package delivery company in the first place? Snyderly Whiplash only cares because money, but who brings in the most revenue, FedEx or the fans? Imo, stadium names should be an extension of a team's identity, not an extension of it's fucking quarterly portfolio.

I mean we could nationalize the teams so that corporate sponsorships would no longer matter. Just cut capitalism right out and everything will be just fine, eh? 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

38 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Washington has a kickass color combination.  Like with uniform changes, this is one of those dumb things that excites me.  Especially in this time where we don't have much news - they would do well for themselves to build this up as some type of event.  

They could generate a lot of good will by simply providing a live event related to sports right now.

Dirty ketchup and mustard is a hideous color combination.

2 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

I fail to see what the problem is. If someone find it offensive, then change the name. Your fear is a pretty irrational one.

I don't either. If they are offended just don't watch. Or root for a team that is an opponent of that team.

And fear not, for there are things I fear; a pro football team changing its name is not one of them.