Washington Reviewing Team Name

It's my understanding that, like the Irish, the Native Americans like the names of the teams and their association to strength. It's the left wing that's offended by the name. 

They asked the leaders of NA nations what they thought about the names long ago. 

Cool story is that the Cleveland Indians were named that because of the 3 "indians" (including Jim Thorpe) who played there. 

My half brother's father was 100% Native American, and I can guarantee you he doesn't give a flying fuck about the names of teams. "Indians" think it's cool, and their biggest worry is that their heritage and legacy will be forgotten...not that they're a team mascot or logo or image. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s no need to change the team name. Just change the logo and they'd be fine...  

Welcome to 2020 ladies and gents. The year of victim mentality. This years slogan, "that offends me"

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

It's my understanding that, like the Irish, the Native Americans like the names of the teams and their association to strength. It's the left wing that's offended by the name. 

They asked the leaders of NA nations what they thought about the names long ago. 

Cool story is that the Cleveland Indians were named that because of the 3 "indians" (including Jim Thorpe) who played there. 

My half brother's father was 100% Native American, and I can guarantee you he doesn't give a flying fuck about the names of teams. "Indians" think it's cool, and their biggest worry is that their heritage and legacy will be forgotten...not that they're a team mascot or logo or image. 

To balance your anecdote, I personally knew a native american that worked to change the name of a college mascot for years.  The college ultimately did so, but only because of a threat of losing funding from the NCAA.  It's weird, it's like you can't paint a whole group of people with the same brush.  It's like they are individuals or something.  

14 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

To balance your anecdote, I personally knew a native american that worked to change the name of a college mascot for years.  The college ultimately did so, but only because of a threat of losing funding from the NCAA.  It's weird, it's like you can't paint a whole group of people with the same brush.  It's like they are individuals or something.  

Well, the leaders asked their "constituents" about the names of different teams like the Redskins, Indians, Seminoles, etc long ago and more recently. It's only been this year that they've changed their tune with any solidarity. 

I honestly don't care what the team names are, and if people are being offended, they should be changed. 

13 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Well, the leaders asked their "constituents" about the names of different teams like the Redskins, Indians, Seminoles, etc long ago and more recently. It's only been this year that they've changed their tune with any solidarity. 

I honestly don't care what the team names are, and if people are being offended, they should be changed. 

I believe what you are sharing.  I would venture the doubt that the leaders may not have gotten responses from everyone in their group, though.  Either on purpose or innocence.  

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I dont see racism with Braves, Chiefs, Indians. Redskins however seems offensive. 

I pretty much agree with this.  Redskins seems like a derogatory and/or racist term, regardless of its origin.

Braves, Chiefs, Indians?  Nope, I just don't see it that way.  Just like I don't see names like Cowboys, 49ers, or Vikings as derogatory or racist.

I always thought they could keep the logo and change the name to the Washington Natives. Native American people were polled and didn't seem to give a shit about the team anyways, so I don't see how this would be a bad play. 

13 minutes ago, klaatu- said:

So I guess that makes their name "Not the Redskins".

And their new logo is just like above.

That new name will be difficult to fit on helmets and apparel, but it's so anti-establishment, so the libtard degenerates will like it.

Edited by Denali