Cam Newton is a Patriot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Newton looked completely done last year

Pats pass protection has been good because Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly. Newton will struggle there. The Pats Wrs are not going to help that either. Pats will regress a few years because they hung on to Brady too long and their depth suffered due to cap struggles. I will say the BB Cam/ Newton saga will be fascinating to watch.

Edited by freakingeek

He is doomed to fail. The fans will turn on him at the slightest hesitation. There isn’t a lot of talent around him on offense. 

Which isn’t to say that he won’t have a good season. But because he isn’t Tom Brady, the fans will shit on him.

And it’s probably better for Stidham not to immediately follow Brady, frankly, for the same reasons.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

And it’s probably better for Stidham not to immediately follow Brady, frankly, for the same reasons.

At least this gives them a built-in excuse to suck early in the season before they bench Cam in favor of the other relatively unknown former Auburn QB.

I thought Cam would be better off to wait until a team needed a starter.  I know athletes can run through money, but I don't see him needing seven million.  I know he buys a lot of hats.  Maybe his endorsement deals need him to be playing for a NFL team.  

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Before the shoulder injury in 2018 he was passing better than he ever had played, including the MVP season. 

Can he regain it? No idea 

I bet that shoulder injury is really bad. The TNF game against Tampa last year was shocking how bad he was. 

Crazy how quick some of these NFL talking heads are jumping back on the Patriots bandwagon, before signing Newton today many were saying they had one of the worst rosters in the NFL and were wondering whether Belichick was tanking for one of the top QB's in the 2021 draft.

Just finished listening to a discussion about AFC rankings heading into the season which evolved into the question what is more likely that Tannehill has a massive regression in 2020 or Newton regains superstar status at the Patriots, no surprise the talking heads all jumped on Newton becoming a superstar again.

I think he’ll do pretty well. They’ll reconstruct the offense to be more downfield passing and try and get that running game going. If I’m then I go after Freeman. 

Tom Brady really limited what they could do last season. He was throwing behind the LOS or 5 yards all game long (though this may have been because their speedy WR got hurt and Antonio Brown got cut). 

Cam won’t be able to help the Oline and coaching staff as much as Brady but I think he offers more in the running game and potentially passing if his shoulder is close to 100%.

Edited by Thrill