Will there ever be a national data base for police?

AJClown

Trump signed an Executive Order that is supposed to require a national data base for police. This morning listening to the GOP police plan they said it was not included in their plan. I wonder if it will ever materialize. The desire for such a data base goes back as far as the 1960's with each party taking turns insuring that it never passed congress. Now due to political necessity, the president has signed a executive order for one to be built, but it will be up to congress to provide the money and such a process will not be cheap to start and maintain. It will not only need to have the man power and equipment where ever they base the data base, but need to provide funding for all of the police departments though out the country to provide past data as well as future data for the data base to be accurate. And the question of the willingness for all of the police organizations to provide the information will make it hard to determine the accuracy of the nation wide data that will come out of the data base. Right now when you hear how many people have been killed by police in a given year and how many police officers have been killed it is never accurate. It is information gleaned from newspapers and catch as can. A well planned could give us accurate information, but will it ever actually be created. I would not hold my breathe.

Archived