Is there a bigger joke in the NBA these days than Kyrie Irving?

Oiler FANatic

Brooklyn literally threw away $137M when they signed him last summer. He's even more impossible to trade right now than Chris Paul is.

It's insane how people thought that he was going to bring the Celtics back to their championship ways, even with all the talent they had around him.

And there's no way that Durant will be able to carry the Nets all by himself after suffering one of the worst injuries in sports. KD is no longer MVP material.

Unless they can find away to shed some salaries from their payroll, they're already right up against the luxury tax next year. Kyrie will lead his new team to ruin. :laugh:

It is hilarious how he wanted to open until he found out his team would be left behind. All of a sudden he is really concerned about the virus then wants to start his own league? Come on. He and Durant are a wonderful pair. 

Dude has always been a nutcase and has been a bit “off” for years. Before LeBron came to Cleveland, Irving was viewed as somewhat of a cancer and there was talk that they may be better off trading him at some point.

Overall, he’s a tremendously talented player, but his consistent injuries as well as his moodiness make him not worth his contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 10:16 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Brooklyn literally threw away $137M when they signed him last summer. He's even more impossible to trade right now than Chris Paul is.

It's insane how people thought that he was going to bring the Celtics back to their championship ways, even with all the talent they had around him.

And there's no way that Durant will be able to carry the Nets all by himself after suffering one of the worst injuries in sports. KD is no longer MVP material.

Unless they can find away to shed some salaries from their payroll, they're already right up against the luxury tax next year. Kyrie will lead his new team to ruin. :laugh:

The perception of James Harden the player off the top of my head trumps everything.

But about Kyrie. Yeah, he is a tad overrated the player. Take out the injuries because that's out of a person's control. Everyone benefits and plays better when he's not around. He's just another " one of them players ". I remember the Celtics got 2x when he's out of the equation. From help defense, ball movement... He also slowed down Tatum's growth for a bit. 

As far as the human, I mean... I don't know him. I doubt anyone on here does. But it's hard to say he's not a radical person though. Which nowadays in this society catches people off guard because most if not all expect you to tell them what they what to hear instead of reality. Me personally though I respect him. He's a real person and has a mind of his own and doesn't come across as a bootlicker / politically correct business clone.

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 10:51 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

He doesn’t appear capable of leading a team to a championship but neither does Harden

They're not even in the same league. Kyrie rode LeBron's coattails to his one and only ring. He's not even close to being the elite player that James Harden is. :rolleyes:

Archived