Lamar Still Crying.

TitansFan23

12 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Ah yes. Passer rating and completion percentage. The two most misleading statistics on quarterbacks that people moved on from as an evaluation tool like 10 years ago. (Oh and by the way. If we do want to consider those two stats reliable, Jackson was 3rd in the entire league in passer rating and top 10 in completion percentage last season.)

And your second point is totally useless. You originally said the Titans showed the league the blueprint on how to stop Lamar by simply forcing him to sit in the pocket and throw. That’s a fallacy based on what you just said. Many teams have employed that strategy. You only

have to look at week 1 to see that.

I’m not saying he’s an elite passer. That was never the argument. Saying he was horrible last season and that there is an easy blueprint to stopping the Ravens offense is hyperbolic. Maybe they’ll fall apart this season, but it won’t be because of the brilliant strategy of “forcing him to throw from the pocket”.

People have moved on from passer rating 10 years ago? News to me, what stat do they use? Maybe we should point out his 3 turnovers or the low offensive scoring out put instead? BTW, pointing out what you consider useless stats then pointing out his passing yardage is beyond laughable. 

I didn't say he was horrible last season(I said this game) and I didn't say their was an easy blueprint, that's not hyperbolic, it's made up by you. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jackson is a horrible passer, I suspect teams are going to copy the Titans and force him to pass from the pocket more and their offense will take a big step back. 

Lamar’s excuse making and talking about how they beat themselves (which is what he said after the game) reminds me of Fred Taylor during the 1999 season. Taylor simply could not accept or admit the Ti

Maybe that’s what the defensive players were meaning when they said Mariota helped them prepare. 

Posted Images

Saying he was horrible last season and that there is an easy blueprint to stopping the Ravens offense is hyperbolic. 

Yea that's what I said:

"And the Ravens are a very good TEAM with a unique offense, they are hard to stop. They do a good job hiding his passing limitations"

On 6/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, OILERMAN said:

Jackson is a horrible passer, I suspect teams are going to copy the Titans and force him to pass from the pocket more and their offense will take a big step back. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:36 AM, Dinx81 said:

Maybe that’s what the defensive players were meaning when they said Mariota helped them prepare. 

@EagleEye  Did you see these two posts?  

On 6/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, AvgJoe said:

Correct. The same way Vince Young’s limitations were hidden. Titans had the personnel and gave a blue print on how to stop the Ravens. The fact we have Evans, Brown, and Long at MLB was a huge game changer having strong spy’s for his running. 

I fully expect us to beat them again this season 

I'm all about the Titans winning, but think you guys are underrating the Titans D and the Ravens offense.  Teams have had a year and a half to figure Jackson out.  They have a running game, a short passing game and they can burn you deep.  The Ravens had a 14-2 record.  The Titans match up well with the Ravens and Henry was just a beast.  Jayon Brown and Adore Jackson made some phenomenal plays, as well as the Titans front stuffing them in the middle of the field.  The Titans could have beat any team in the NFL that day.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I'm all about the Titans winning, but think you guys are underrating the Titans D and the Ravens offense.  Teams have had a year and a half to figure Jackson out.  They have a running game, a short passing game and they can burn you deep.  The Ravens had a 14-2 record.  The Titans match up well with the Ravens and Henry was just a beast.  Jayon Brown and Adore Jackson made some phenomenal plays, as well as the Titans front stuffing them in the middle of the field.  The Titans could have beat any team in the NFL that day.

If they play again, it'll be a bloodbath for the Titans. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, OILERMAN said:

On 6/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, OILERMAN said:

I didn't say he was horrible last season(I said this game) and I didn't say their was an easy blueprint, that's not hyperbolic, it's made up by you. 

On 6/24/2020 at 8:15 PM, OILERMAN said:

That is? Exactly what you said? Lol

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

You mean like when Marcus was the QB vs the Ravens and took sack after sack just staring downfield and holding the ball 

Vrabel kept him in the game when it was 21-0...there’s a reason for that. I remember people trying to blame the line, which was getting worked, but when the All-22 came out it showed hot route after hot route wide open. 

3 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

He is a pretty terrible passer when functioning inside of a predictable play such as 3rd and 9. Inside of the offense they ran he was fantastic, but he does have limitations as a passer in a drop back offense. 

You're cherry picking for whatever reason. I said their offense was hard to stop and they used him well. I targeted Jackson in FF last year

But you bet your ass he sucks as a passer and when teams have to scheme around the passer their success is short lived