5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Great_Migration_(African_American)

The Second Great Migration is what I was speaking of earlier.  I know about a lot of these things, but my knowledge is very limited.  I realized when I looked up the above links that I was speaking of the second migration.  This is a major problem in discussing and trying to reach understanding.  @LongTimeFan doesn't know the real history of America.  I don't know the real history of America.  We have never been taught.

When I was a little boy, I used to say, "the only good injun, is a dead injun."  We were just playing, but I was raised on movies that showed the Indians attacking good white people in stagecoaches, scalping men and dragging away their women.  Today, I have been to reservations and I have read a tiny part on the previous inhabitants of this lands' true story.  That's why I made the post about the white man is a bad motherfucker.  Man is a bad motherfucker and we try to dominate every place we go.

This land used to have buffalo herds as far as the eye could see.  Roaming free.  Change.  Black people have fared well, considering.  Today, I think some people see treating everyone as human beings, equally will somehow less them.  If the black people were on top, probably be the same.  It doesn't make it right.  You can never expect human beings to accept being less than, especially Americans.

Lot of the guys, @El Guapo, @LongTimeFan, @Little Earl and those that have been sent to their great reward, if they were black would be highly concerned over discrimination, police choking out black humans and not being able to become all they could be in the work place.  You can see a human on fire, but it's completely different when you are the human on fire.

You want to have a conversation and when someone has a different view or counterpoint, you insinuate they are racist, or unsympathetic or have no empathy or a bigot or whatever slight you can use on them.

When I was in charge of the programming for my company, i hired 2 African Americans, one disabled, one female, one middle eastern in my group of 12 developers.

Everytime I get a pay day on an investment of over $100,000, I give at least $10,000 to someone. More when I recieve more. I have probably given close to $500,000 away.

I buy 50-75 bikes at Christmas and put them together with my son for the last 7 yrs for underprivileged kids in the area.

I donate plenty of time to help others. I stop and help stranded vehicles on the side of the road all the time.

And to top it off, I have saved almost 20 turtles from getting smashed crossing the road. One just yesterday!

So kiss my ass. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

I am showing opposing views. Perhaps you are the bigot?

I'm not the one in here denying systemic racism under the foolish false guise of "opposing views"

4 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I'm not the one in here denying systemic racism under the foolish false guise of "opposing views"

Do you know what bigot means?

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

Read this.^^  

Meanwhile, I have given you way too much of my time.  I'm putting you back on ignore.  

So I did read most of that wiki page. It's a fucking novel. Anytime there was a date before 1950, I skimmed past it as I believe it would be mostly irrelevant today.

So as far as housing, I can see your point that blacks and Latinos were discriminated against. Would I call it racism, not so sure. The lenders are in the business of making money and if the property the person could afford might not be the best use of the lenders money. Is it fair? No. Is it business? Yes. You can also say that the whole real estate collapse was due to loans being given to people that never deserved them. 

2 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

At a certain point you realize you are talking to someone who is not speaking from their true heart.  They are not saying what they truly believe. They want to hide their real self. That’s why I don’t waste time with them. They are like people who don’t bathe, but want sit up around people who do and act like they don’t smell. 

All I'll say is that racism has no place but people shouldn't be afraid to point out bad things people do regardless of race.  I saw someone publicly attacked, humiliated, and shamed recently because she posted a video of a black man who had killed a cat and was eating it.  She was upset about the cat but someone attacked her because they assumed she posted the video to attack a black man.  This is wrong.

I'll also say, I've been in the Army 17 years now and I've never seen problems like I've seen here at Fort Hood recently.  4 Soldiers have been straight murdered here in the last 10 months or so.  They just found the body of a girl murdered at her work, right down the street from me, a couple of days ago.  All of them are basically kids and so violence in this country is just sad and unfortunately a way of life in some places.  I never saw this when I was at other duty stations and my theory is because it was a different caliber of Soldier I was working with.  A lot of these kids had tough backgrounds and they brought it here with them and now I'm picking up the pieces.

I'll also say that we have a huge drug problem here.  I've always been in favor of decriminalizing drugs but this place has started to make me question that.  ALL of my drug case guys have been low performers.  Most are involved in other low level criminal activity as well.  I had one stumble out of a window and stumble into downtown with no clothes on because he had a bad LSD trip.  Another one got pulled over by the cops, waited till they came up to him and then sped off on a high speed chase until he ran out of gas, wrecked his bike, and then got caught with a backpack full of weed.  (Both white guys)

You can't make this shit up.  

7 hours ago, Number9 said:

At a certain point you realize you are talking to someone who is not speaking from their true heart.  They are not saying what they truly believe. They want to hide their real self. That’s why I don’t waste time with them. They are like people who don’t bathe, but want sit up around people who do and act like they don’t smell. 

Some people, you, seem to just want to blame everything on racism. And when a different view point comes along, different from yours, you cant understand. You have to ignore them. You are intolerant of their views.

Bigot - NOUN - 

A person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

4 hours ago, patsplat said:

@Justafan I looked up Fort Hood news and JFC you have a lot to deal with.  It is really sad, it was tough just reading one story let alone keeping up with all of it.

Yea, it's crazy man.  

On 7/3/2020 at 9:00 AM, patsplat said:

@Justafan I looked up Fort Hood news and JFC you have a lot to deal with.  It is really sad, it was tough just reading one story let alone keeping up with all of it.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:39 PM, Justafan said:

Yea, it's crazy man.  

I heard the story last night on NPR.  Her sister was on there and she spoke about how proud the family was of the murder victim.  The young lady was so happy and had a lot of goals for her military life.  The sister said she was her idol and she too had planned a military career.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Number9 said:

I heard the story last night on NPR.  Her sister was on there and she spoke about how proud the family was of the murder victim.  The young lady was so happy and had a lot of goals for her military life.  The sister said she was her idol and she too had planned a military career.

I'm more cynical about the family.  The stories say she's an avid runner but I run (almost) every single day at Fort Hood and I'm calling BS.  Anyways, terrible that it happened.  Selfishness is one thing but I engross myself in things like this from time to time just remind myself of the absolute cruelty that we are all capable of.  They say the woman that helped him faces 20 years and 250k fine.  I hope they throw the book at her.  

25 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I'm more cynical about the family.  The stories say she's an avid runner but I run (almost) every single day at Fort Hood and I'm calling BS.  Anyways, terrible that it happened.  Selfishness is one thing but I engross myself in things like this from time to time just remind myself of the absolute cruelty that we are all capable of.  They say the woman that helped him faces 20 years and 250k fine.  I hope they throw the book at her.  

I'm no saint, but it's awful what people do to other people.