A Discussion of Systemic Racism

Number9

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until very recently, post civil war American history consisted of the westward expansion up unitl the Spanish American War and WW1, barely any mention of Jim Crow and no mention of the confiscation of

Sorry @Little Earl but after the "die for your economy" COVID response the GOP can no longer be called the pro-life party.

Are you guys still arguing whether or not System Racism exists? Lol. Of course it does. The city of Nashville and its neighborhood structure proves it.    The evidence of privilege and the e

Posted Images

On 7/3/2020 at 6:54 AM, Justafan said:

All I'll say is that racism has no place but people shouldn't be afraid to point out bad things people do regardless of race.  I saw someone publicly attacked, humiliated, and shamed recently because she posted a video of a black man who had killed a cat and was eating it.  She was upset about the cat but someone attacked her because they assumed she posted the video to attack a black man.  This is wrong.

I'll also say, I've been in the Army 17 years now and I've never seen problems like I've seen here at Fort Hood recently.  4 Soldiers have been straight murdered here in the last 10 months or so.  They just found the body of a girl murdered at her work, right down the street from me, a couple of days ago.  All of them are basically kids and so violence in this country is just sad and unfortunately a way of life in some places.  I never saw this when I was at other duty stations and my theory is because it was a different caliber of Soldier I was working with.  A lot of these kids had tough backgrounds and they brought it here with them and now I'm picking up the pieces.

I'll also say that we have a huge drug problem here.  I've always been in favor of decriminalizing drugs but this place has started to make me question that.  ALL of my drug case guys have been low performers.  Most are involved in other low level criminal activity as well.  I had one stumble out of a window and stumble into downtown with no clothes on because he had a bad LSD trip.  Another one got pulled over by the cops, waited till they came up to him and then sped off on a high speed chase until he ran out of gas, wrecked his bike, and then got caught with a backpack full of weed.  (Both white guys)

You can't make this shit up.  

Wow. As a  JROTC cadet, I spent one of my summers at Fort Hood.  I have fond memories of the place. Sad and disappointing to hear about the environment.  

2 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Wow. As a  JROTC cadet, I spent one of my summers at Fort Hood.  I have fond memories of the place. Sad and disappointing to hear about the environment.  

I don't think it was always like this but I'm wholly dissapointed with the experience I've had at Fort Hood.  Texas is awesome but there is something just corrupt about this place.  I've never seen so many Soldiers that are, in my opinion, lazy or criminals or just looking for a way to take advantage of the system.  

29 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I don't think it was always like this but I'm wholly dissapointed with the experience I've had at Fort Hood.  Texas is awesome but there is something just corrupt about this place.  I've never seen so many Soldiers that are, in my opinion, lazy or criminals or just looking for a way to take advantage of the system.  

The Hood livin' up to it's name!  Sounds like something Str8 outta Compton the Hood!  Or maybe even Boyz n da Hood!

10 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

The Hood livin' up to it's name!  Sounds like something Str8 outta Compton the Hood!  Or maybe even Boyz n da Hood!

Many people here make that same joke often.  Honestly can't wait to leave.  I've never had an experience like this at any other military post I've ever been at.  

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

Many people here make that same joke often.  Honestly can't wait to leave.  I've never had an experience like this at any other military post I've ever been at.  

I visited there in the 80s. So, I guess a lot has changed since then. That's unfortunate. As a college sophomore, I spent six weeks at Fort Riley. Has it changed too?

9 hours ago, Btowner said:

I visited there in the 80s. So, I guess a lot has changed since then. That's unfortunate. As a college sophomore, I spent six weeks at Fort Riley. Has it changed too?

Honestly, I've never been to Fort Riley.  I know it's a small town and a lot of people complain that there isn't much to do there but the area itself is nice from what I hear.  I know a lot of combat arms guys like me who come from light/airborne backgrounds loathe places like Hood and Riley but the Army always gets it's revenge eventually.  I'm sure it has a different vibe to people in other jobs or who come from a more heavy background and are kinda used to Soldiers who hate to run.  

On 7/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, Starkiller said:

oHRPqGV.jpg

She claims she could have worded it better.  That she was disappointed in low voter turnout and that black people were more passionate about voting.  

Could have worded it better.  It could have been worded worse, but not by much.  I mean, people need to be involved too.  

Unbelievable.  

On 7/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, Starkiller said:

oHRPqGV.jpg

As was observed on twitter, the implied opposition between "The blacks" and "People in Mississippi" is the most telling part of this quote.  Mississippi is 37% Black people.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi#Ancestry

This is why it bears repeating.

Black ? Lives ? Matter ?

13 minutes ago, tgo said:
His entire presidency and following is about racism. The entire Trump movement is now centered around White Supremacy. 

That's certainly a big part of it. Throw in abortion and tax cuts and you have most of them covered.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That's certainly a big part of it. Throw in abortion and tax cuts and you have most of them covered.

I'd say between those three things, virtually all of them. Maybe a statistically insignificant portion are due to some other random thing like being an anarchist or hating "cancel culture" or trade or something. But the trade stuff oftentimes goes right along with racism and anti immigration sentiment. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I'd say between those three things, virtually all of them. Maybe a statistically insignificant portion are due to some other random thing like being an anarchist or hating "cancel culture" or trade or something. But the trade stuff oftentimes goes right along with racism and anti immigration sentiment. 

Could be worse.  Under the Democrats you get millions of dead babies, open borders, free everything, very high taxes, destruction of history they do not like, reparations, defunded police, green deal, and acceptance of perversion.