3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure you’re understanding the point. Having Henry means it is a facet of our ability to dominate the games if the defense chooses to go that route. It ended up with only 14 points, yet we dominated the game and took it entirely out of Tannehill’s hands. 

If you want to disagree with that strategy then fine, but that is what we did, and the only reason it worked was because of Henry. 

Exactly. We didn't score much but that game was not ever in the patriots hands.

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Hey Touched The Tard, have you ever noticed anything unusual about this board? Did you ever think that I just might be in cahoots with the homers? Lay your bets now gents. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

2 hours ago, Callidus said:

What? They were one play away numerous times. BB played it beautifully. Sell out to stop the pass and allow Henry to rack up yards while banking on your steller defense not to give up points. It was the only way they had a chance with that shitty offense.

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

What? They were one play away numerous times. BB played it beautifully. Sell out to stop the pass and allow Henry to rack up yards while banking on your steller defense not to give up points. It was the only way they had a chance with that shitty offense.

I did not say we destroyed them like the ravens or the jags over and over. But no matter the score of that game they were never in it once we had the lead. It was a methodically driven ass kicking. Think ali in boxing. 

Edited by Callidus

12 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

So what’s the plan? Henry plays on the tag and then tagged again next year?

Looks like it. There's no way the team just lets him walk in 2021, that would be a horrible idea. They are a much worse team without him.

DHenry has been great the last year and a half.  But I’ve been around much longer than that and can’t help but think of the “great” OL Henry ran behind in 06 for 1211 yards.  

The tag tag concept with Henry is the only option if he and his agent feel he deserves the $15 million per contract.  And that is taking a huge chance Evans doesn’t pan out.

8 hours ago, Callidus said:

I did not say we destroyed them like the ravens or the jags over and over. But no matter the score of that game they were never in it once we had the lead. It was a methodically driven ass kicking. Think ali in boxing. 

If Edelman doesn’t drop an easy 3rd down pass on NE last drive it could have turned out differently. 

13 hours ago, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

Patriots followed that gameplan to sell out trying to stop the pass and Henry went off. What did we have to show for it? 14 pts.....and we needed a defensive touchdown to clinch the game. 

Even if this is true, we lose that game without Henry. A lesser back, which is what we likely end up with, wouldn't have been able to consistently get the yardage we needed to control that game like Henry did. Henry racked up 100 yards and single handedly took over an entire drive that ended in us being able to go into half time with a lead. You can downplay Henry all you want but everyone on the planet knows that without him we would've been a one and done playoff team last year.

Y'all seem to think we can't go back to the days of backs like Sankey, McCluster, and Shonne Greene but I assure you that we can. 

15 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Even if this is true, we lose that game without Henry. A lesser back, which is what we likely end up with, wouldn't have been able to consistently get the yardage we needed to control that game like Henry did. Henry racked up 100 yards and single handedly took over an entire drive that ended in us being able to go into half time with a lead. You can downplay Henry all you want but everyone on the planet knows that without him we would've been a one and done playoff team last year.

Y'all seem to think we can't go back to the days of backs like Sankey, McCluster, and Shonne Greene but I assure you that we can. 

I'd argue without Henry the offense is opened up in that game.. I had real issues with the game plan as it played right into BBs hands. It worked out in the end but I fear Vrabel's conservative nature on offense will bite the team at the worst possible time.

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'd argue without Henry the offense is opened up in that game.. I had real issues with the game plan as it played right into BBs hands. It worked out in the end but I fear Vrabel's conservative nature on offense will bite the team at the worst possible time.

Like the AFC Championship Game

51 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Not paying Henry on a long term extension doesn't mean the team would go back to have RBs who cannot play in the NFL. 

Also Henry is on the roster for 2020

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Not paying Henry on a long term extension doesn't mean the team would go back to have RBs who cannot play in the NFL. 

Also Henry is on the roster for 2020

Exactly.  Not giving Henry a monster contract doesn't mean that we have to bring back Webster to make awful personnel decisions.......