Confederate War Statues

AJClown

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I suspect if statues were moved to a museum, that museum would be targeted by the left, also.

Who gets to decide what is acceptable or not? The whole left has been influenced by that obnoxious revisionist Marxist anti-American Howard Zinn. How long before they close the Hermitage (genocide against Indians)? Washington owned slaves and therefore flawed. Ban him. Jefferson and his mistress. I live in Cheathem county. Wasn't he a Confederate general ?  How about Shiloh national park? It is beautiful and thought provoking and sad, all at once. Lets tear it down..This can go on forever. 

So, I do not think any statues are idolized. Regardless of original intent, I suspect everyone drives or walks around Franklin and never once idolize any statue. But we shall see....I understand this as I have said but where does this end?

Really? They have them in museums now. Which ones have been targeted?

Tear down these statues

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My initial stance on this topic was that the monuments and statues should remain as confederate history is part of American history. Then I found out the majority of the monuments were erected 50+ yea

Confederate statues belong on historic battlefields or in museums as history teaching lessons, not in public squares as monuments or memorials. 

Seems pretty simple to say we just want to remove statues and celebrations of the traitors who fought against the United States.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:12 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

Why the hell should we have a massive statute of Nathan Bedford Forrest in Nashville? 

On 6/8/2020 at 3:22 PM, titanruss said:

That one is a private statue unfortunately. .. nothing can be done about it other than planting trees along the interstate to hide that abomination that looks like it came from the rick and morty universe.

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pithinthewind/nathan-bedford-forrest-has-fallen/article_bf0d593a-5773-11ec-a1b6-639150aee800.html?utm_source=digg

A notorious statue of Confederate general and early KKK leader Nathan Bedford Forrest that has stood beside I-65 in Crieve Hall for more than two decades has now been removed. The statue — a frequent source of mockery and vandalism — was sculpted by Jack Kershaw. Though visible from the interstate, the eyesore sat on the private Hogan Road property of a man named Bill Dorris, who once said of Kershaw, “As an artist, mediocre.”

As reported Tuesday morning by NewsChannel 5’s Nick Beres: “The executor of the will ordered for the statue removed early Tuesday morning. … It will be held in storage and possibly be put up for sale. For now, the flags will remain at the site.”

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pithinthewind/nathan-bedford-forrest-has-fallen/article_bf0d593a-5773-11ec-a1b6-639150aee800.html?utm_source=digg

A notorious statue of Confederate general and early KKK leader Nathan Bedford Forrest that has stood beside I-65 in Crieve Hall for more than two decades has now been removed. The statue — a frequent source of mockery and vandalism — was sculpted by Jack Kershaw. Though visible from the interstate, the eyesore sat on the private Hogan Road property of a man named Bill Dorris, who once said of Kershaw, “As an artist, mediocre.”

As reported Tuesday morning by NewsChannel 5’s Nick Beres: “The executor of the will ordered for the statue removed early Tuesday morning. … It will be held in storage and possibly be put up for sale. For now, the flags will remain at the site.”

In the Roe v Wade thread I posted about the AG Lynn Finch who is the head lawyer for Mississippi in the Supreme Court case. Her father actually renovated and moved Nathan Bedford Forrest’s home some 45 miles onto his property and basically Air BnB’s it out…total nutcases. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

In the Roe v Wade thread I posted about the AG Lynn Finch who is the head lawyer for Mississippi in the Supreme Court case. Her father actually renovated and moved Nathan Bedford Forrest’s home some 45 miles onto his property and basically Air BnB’s it out…total nutcases. 

I still hear high school class mates refer to the war of northern agression.

There's always an attempt to rewrite history which is what Trump republicans are trying to do now with regard to their insurrection to negate the election on 1/6/21.

Edited by ctm