Nate Burelson ranks Tannehill/Henry/Brown as the leagues (Guess) trio

kyle021

Last year those guys were so efficient for two reasons:

When we PA, you're fucked.

When we run, you're fucked. 

Late in the game, it was almost comical seeing the looks on the faces of LBs and DBs when it was their turn to stop Henry. "Fuck this shit I'm out." When Tannehill went play action on those big plays, you could see the life just drain from opposing teams and fans. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

k, err..... that's good?     but whaddabout SF?   I mean, if we're #1, are they like #0 under Kyle's subset of robotics laws?    

His points were good too. All 3 players were tops in the league in a lot of metrics last season and AJ was only a rook. Tannehill would have been in MVP consideration had he played all season and play

I don’t think many outside of the most knowledgeable fans & media members, and by that I mean the ones who really know the game, particularly analytics, grasps just how awesome this offense was un

Tannehill was great and I don't think he's underrated by people who actually watched.  He did exactly what he had to do and did it in clutch moments.

I have been going back and watching games from last year with tannehill starting.  I don't think it was necessarily the PA that benefitted tannehill as much as the run game was just dominate at times and it kept the offense ahead of the chains.

19 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Tannehill was awesome with and without play action.  His performance is completely underrated by most people it seems.

I see so many idiots on other sites that love to claim Tannehill was only good because of Henry. The first Texans matchup and Saints game were two of Tannehill's best performances and give me a lot of hope that his level of play will probably not fall off as much as everyone who doubts him thinks it will.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:28 AM, DecepticonShawn said:

I see so many idiots on other sites that love to claim Tannehill was only good because of Henry. The first Texans matchup and Saints game were two of Tannehill's best performances and give me a lot of hope that his level of play will probably not fall off as much as everyone who doubts him thinks it will.

Didn't we lose both those games?  Tannehill got sacked like 5 times?? In the first half of the saints game when Lewis wasn't doing shit.

There is always some crazy takes by people but fact is the running game for the Titans was dominate and tannehill and the passing game took advantage of it.

Titans played great team football and yes tannehill was basically the missing piece but it was still am all around team effort.

3 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

Didn't we lose both those games?  Tannehill got sacked like 5 times?? In the first half of the saints game when Lewis wasn't doing shit.

There is always some crazy takes by people but fact is the running game for the Titans was dominate and tannehill and the passing game took advantage of it.

Titans played great team football and yes tannehill was basically the missing piece but it was still am all around team effort.

You cant blame either of those losses on Tannehill. In the Saints game he threw for 272 and 3td wit no picks probably would have had 4 if not for the bs illegal hit that raymond fumbled on that ended our chances of coming back. The Texans game he threw for 279 2 tds and 1 pick which was the game changing bobble by firker that they returned 80 something yards.  The narrative around the nfl with casuals is we cant beat anyone unless henry runs for 150+ and takes over games which imo is bs and tannehill handled himself perfectly fine in the games without him

13 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

You cant blame either of those losses on Tannehill. In the Saints game he threw for 272 and 3td wit no picks probably would have had 4 if not for the bs illegal hit that raymond fumbled on that ended our chances of coming back. The Texans game he threw for 279 2 tds and 1 pick which was the game changing bobble by firker that they returned 80 something yards.  The narrative around the nfl with casuals is we cant beat anyone unless henry runs for 150+ and takes over games which imo is bs and tannehill handled himself perfectly fine in the games without him

I don't blame tannehill at all and of course we are good enough to beat teams with out Henry...just not good enough to beat the better teams in the league.  For us to be a top team we need Henry...or we need the running game to be clicking.

We went up 14 on the saints but couldn't grind out the win...with Henry we probably win that game cause we would have limited the saints opportunities to come back.

It's a formula and the running game is a big part of it.

They were the best trio last year once Tannehill took over. 

Going into 2020 I wouldn’t put them as the top though. I’m not sure they (Tannehill and AJ) can repeated the gaudy stats they put up down the stretch. It would be unrealistic to expect Tannehill to repeat the MVP caliber short season he put together. 

12 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

They were the best trio last year once Tannehill took over. 

Going into 2020 I wouldn’t put them as the top though. I’m not sure they (Tannehill and AJ) can repeated the gaudy stats they put up down the stretch. It would be unrealistic to expect Tannehill to repeat the MVP caliber short season he put together. 

I agree. Tannehill's success rate on tight window throws and AJB's  ridiculous amount of YAC just seem impossible to replicate. Henry will likely dip too. I think the secret sauce will actually be someone like Jonnu or Corey Davis truly emerging and making up for the drop off in production. Our OL also historically takes at least a quarter of the season to get going and adding a rookie RT likely won't help matters. That's not even mentioning the fact that Nate Davis struggled as a rookie and is shaping up to have a less than ideal off-season program. I think we'll be good but I'm bracing for a bumpy start.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:17 AM, bizzyeddie said:

I don't blame tannehill at all and of course we are good enough to beat teams with out Henry...just not good enough to beat the better teams in the league.  For us to be a top team we need Henry...or we need the running game to be clicking.

We went up 14 on the saints but couldn't grind out the win...with Henry we probably win that game cause we would have limited the saints opportunities to come back.

It's a formula and the running game is a big part of it.

Titans win that game if the vicious helmet-to-helmet hit is called instead of a fumble.  It should have been a textbook call but the Titans are not one of the vogue teams.

Simple as.

The AFC South isn't exactly packed with competition for a QB / WR duo.

• Texans got rid of their best receiver.
  • Colts won't have a crazy deep game on Phillip Rivers old arm.
  • Jaguars barely have a QB.

2 hours ago, reb9000tn said:

But we are going to have Hump (hopefully) all year, and Evans adds a new weapon to the arsenal. We may not do it the same. but we should still be a viable contender. 

Regardless of if we are a contender or not and who is now on the roster, it would be unrealistic to expect the same quality season from Tannehill. 

3 hours ago, patsplat said:

The AFC South isn't exactly packed with competition for a QB / WR duo.

• Texans got rid of their best receiver.
  • Colts won't have a crazy deep game on Phillip Rivers old arm.
  • Jaguars barely have a QB.

Hey now. That mustache can throw a ball through a garden hose at 200 yards. Or something like that ?