34 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I never called anyone racist. 

The fact is: Black on black crime is high because socioeconomically they are way behind their white counterparts (due to centuries of systematic oppression that is still prevalent today) and has absolutely zero to do with the genetic colour of their skin. That's my point

Okay most reasonable people can agree to this. So would a better idea be for Black people to come to the table and say they have a socioeconomic problem and they need help from their countrymen to fix this? As opposed to calling white people racists that owe them everything and throwing tantrums until they get their way?

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

As for making systematic changes, yes the mass protests and 24/7 coverage and dialogue of the REAL ISSUE AT HAND is far more effective than players kneeling for an anthem ever did.  The messaging of the intended kneeling/sitting was completely lost on the folks who were offended by the method chosen as it didn't spurn any signfiicant changes in the system.  That is a fact, whether you like it or not.     

I agree the message was lost on those who didn't want to hear it but it was about the real issue at hand.  I feel it's all been a part of what has been building over time....but sure ..watching a black man being murdered by white cops is going to be far more effective in creating an immediate amount of change.

I don't think you can ignore the fact that BLM is a movement that has been building prior to this incident and part of it was the kneeling.

7 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I agree the message was lost on those who didn't want to hear it but it was about the real issue at hand.  I feel it's all been a part of what has been building over time....but sure ..watching a black man being murdered by white cops is going to be far more effective in creating an immediate amount of change.

I don't think you can ignore the fact that BLM is a movement that has been building prior to this incident and part of it was the kneeling.

The challenge is for BLM to push for changes without alienating the audience that absolutely has to be part of the solution to make them happen.  BLM has a stated goal of defunding the police nationally, which of course is completely unrealistic.  Reform to hold them accountable for abuse?  Absolutely.  Promote increased diversity in the police force and better screening/training of hires?  Sure.   The solutions have to be attainable.  Eliminating the police across the country is destined to fail.  As is equating the national anthem and flag as some symbol of racism and oppression on the level of a KKK hood or Nazi flag. 

1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

What message was there?  They literally just kneeled.  Goodell offered a platform to discuss issues in the black community, a gesture which wouldn't offend the audience and  might actually get a message across to them, and players refused and just wanted to do it their way.  Kaepernick never made a single intelligent statement regarding his stance, spreading nothing but hate speeches about the police.  The entire thing was a big step back for racial relations which divided people and is a big reason why Trump is in the office.  He's a shitty activist who paved the way for other shitty activists.  The Floyd video was different because people saw an issue first hand instead of simply being told that they were privileged or racist.

Edited by abc2330

6 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong douche nozzle.........First off, you completely misrepresented the Brees comments and I'm sure that was intentional because you are an aforementioned douche.....

Brees has a right to an opinion on the anthem/flag issue. one that has nothing to do with the systematic racism/equal justice issue.  Many Americans see things exactly the way Brees did and yes he was bullied into making a PC "apology" for something that was not offensive unless you are looking to be offended.

As for making systematic changes, yes the mass protests and 24/7 coverage and dialogue of the REAL ISSUE AT HAND is far more effective than players kneeling for an anthem ever did.  The messaging of the intended kneeling/sitting was completely lost on the folks who were offended by the method chosen as it didn't spurn any signfiicant changes in the system.  That is a fact, whether you like it or not.     

Nice to know you are stupid across the board, not only regarding football....Happy Friday :)

Of course he has a right to his opinion, just like you have a right to be as stupid as you are.  Why even bring up the first amendment??  (Oh, right - because you're stupid.)  Poor widdle Brees can't stand up for himself and must issue a fake apowogee... Is that your stance??  Poor bullied Brees made a choice - either 1) to take the opportunity to clarify his stance on the issue; or 2) an economic one.  Either way, if he didn't issue his second statement, he's still set for life.  

All of these faux-patriots clutching their pearls CHOSE to be offended at something because a bunch of talking heads in the media told them to be offended.  They WANTED to be offended so they can change the subject from something they don't want to talk about (Racism - I know it's tough for you to follow along) to something they do want to talk about (How Amazing and Patriotic and Better they are than "the others" - again, I do this for you, but I'm sure you'll still have trouble comprehending all of this).  

Oh wait.  Do you think these faux-patriots aren't actually choosing to be offended, yet the BLM side is choosing to be offended?  Yep, that does mesh with your brain power.  

4 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

You are stupid as fuck. My point was exactly what I said. Trump won because he won the Midwest swing states. He won those with talk about jobs and NAFTA. 

"a laundry list of changes he wants to bring to Washington like lower taxes, better trade deals."

Feel free to quote from Hillary's part that is going to address the needs and appeal to the Midwesterners that decided the election.

How are those jobs working out?  Good ol' lies to get elected but no follow through.  Welp, looks like you learned your lesson and will vote against him now ,right?  No?  The "jobs" thing just sounds like a great excuse because you don't care who is running just as long as your "team" wins?  Rooting for Trump makes you feel vindicated, doesn't it?  It doesn't matter at all what happens in the US.

Edited by CreepingDeath

28 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Of course he has a right to his opinion, just like you have a right to be as stupid as you are.  Why even bring up the first amendment??  (Oh, right - because you're stupid.)  Poor widdle Brees can't stand up for himself and must issue a fake apowogee... Is that your stance??  Poor bullied Brees made a choice - either 1) to take the opportunity to clarify his stance on the issue; or 2) an economic one.  Either way, if he didn't issue his second statement, he's still set for life.  

All of these faux-patriots clutching their pearls CHOSE to be offended at something because a bunch of talking heads in the media told them to be offended.  They WANTED to be offended so they can change the subject from something they don't want to talk about (Racism - I know it's tough for you to follow along) to something they do want to talk about (How Amazing and Patriotic and Better they are than "the others" - again, I do this for you, but I'm sure you'll still have trouble comprehending all of this).  

Oh wait.  Do you think these faux-patriots aren't actually choosing to be offended, yet the BLM side is choosing to be offended?  Yep, that does mesh with your brain power. 

Wrong.  There was absolutely nothing wrong or racist about Brees' original comments that caused this firestorm.  If anyone was offended by it, then they are easily offended and yes he absolutely caved to the PC police for PR.  The fact he's lined up for the NFL Sunday Night gig surely played into the PR decision. 

The fact is that plenty of people believe that anything but standing for the national anthem/flag is a sign of disrespect and it's a huge reason why the anthem protests did nothing in 2016/2017.   Is that 100% right or just?  Not at all but that's reality.  Anyone who tries to sell products, services, or lobby for legislation knows damn well that you don't do it by pissing off the people you need support from.  IIRC, blacks constitute 13% of the population so they have no chance to implement change unless the majority of whites and other racial groups buy in. 

It took America seeing the Arbery and Floyd videos in a time where it was literally the only thing on the news in Covid-19 coverage coma that worked to get the issue center stage. 

Brees clearly isn't racist and plenty of people who agree with him on the anthem/flag issue are also not racist.  The problem is that sheeple like yourself pander to the outrage of the moment and what Brees said is nothing compared to the systematic racism or police brutality issues.  In fact, Brees said in the original interview that he supported the actual issues but disagreed that the anthem protest was an effective form of protest.  He's 100% entitled to that opinion and the fact is that millions of people agree with him.

Taking a knee didn't solve a damn thing back then and it won't do a thing if they do it again this fall. 

16 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Oh fo with that virtue signaling shit biscuit. There's not a god damn thing about a person's skin tone that precludes them from "understanding" or having something to say about this and that. Especially when the ones telling them to be quiet are other white ass motherfuckers.

I don't understand how you guys misinterpreted what I said. I'm saying it's time for white people to shut the fuck up and just listen. We've given our opinions for too long and too often. We need to listen to the tribulations of black and brown people, not give our "opinions" on the situation. They're telling us exactly what's up. Of course we need to speak out against racism, but we shouldn't be expressing opinions about the BLM movement. All that "all lives matter" bullshit needs to just stop. 

Colin Kaepernick is still trash and he would have gotten benched anyways. But Kudos to him for keeping the conversation going. 

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

How are those jobs working out?  Good ol' lies to get elected but no follow through.  Welp, looks like you learned your lesson and will vote against him now ,right?  No?  The "jobs" thing just sounds like a great excuse because you don't care who is running just as long as your "team" wins?  Rooting for Trump makes you feel vindicated, doesn't it?  It doesn't matter at all what happens in the US.

He lowered taxes, re-negotiated trade deals, and grew the economy? What exactly did he lie about in those regards? 

19 hours ago, EagleEye said:

This is why your last great leader MM had no media accounts.  

giphy.gif

No, there are no PG rated sites that any football people follow.

8 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Okay most reasonable people can agree to this. So would a better idea be for Black people to come to the table and say they have a socioeconomic problem and they need help from their countrymen to fix this? As opposed to calling white people racists that owe them everything and throwing tantrums until they get their way?

Black people have been coming asking for help for 400 years.  Affirmative action.  It was to balance white privilege.  White(some) went crazy saying it was reverse discrimination.  It was to reverse discrimination.  Also, the next thing you know, hispanics, asians, africans all kinds of other groups started getting o take advantage of the programs.  BUT those groups had not endured centuries of slavery, Jim Crow and a bunch of other hardships.

All the black people need to do is ask for help.  "911. Who's there.  You say it's the black peoples.  Okay, we will send the popo."

Edited by Number9

16 minutes ago, Number9 said:

No, there are no PG rated sites that any football people follow.

I got banned from the bills forum for cursing one time.