Denali

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rashaan Evans

It wasn't Mariota playing the scout team?

Tannehill

1 hour ago, ChemEngr79 said:

When he went out with the bum foot in the AFCCG, I knew we were F'd.

He was the spy on that ridiculous Mahomes TD run at the end of the half and just missed because of the foot; that's a whole different game if they don't score or have to settle for a FG.

Marcus Mariota-----without his shitty play to open the season, we'd never get a chance to see Tannehill in this offense. 

It's frightening to think that if MM just put up league average qb numbers, we'd have never seen Tannehill and Pineapple man would get to fire up the costume for next year!

5 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Marcus Mariota-----without his shitty play to open the season, we'd never get a chance to see Tannehill in this offense. 

It's frightening to think that if MM just put up league average qb numbers, we'd have never seen Tannehill and Pineapple man would get to fire up the costume for next year!

tenor.gif?itemid=13738989

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Both Evans and Jayon Brown are unsung heroes in an era where so few teams utilize both starting ILB's as much as the Titans do.

I don’t really consider either of them to qualify as “unsung”

Brock.  He got way too much flak for the KC game. He was an enormous pickup down the stretch as a vet cover guy who helped to settle down a position that was wrecked by injuries. His numbers were pretty ridiculous the last few games & the postseason. He just didn’t give up many completions.

You want to see a terrible defense? Find one with a bunch of injuries at corner. Happens every year to good defenses. He was huge for us.

There is confusion as to the qualifications of an unsung hero.  Jonnu Smith had an 80% catch rate and was 2nd in the league (behind AJ Brown) in terms of YAC vs expected.  As a receiving target, nobody rivaled him in terms of efficiency.  His contributions go well beyond the box score.  He's the correct choice.

Edited by abc2330

16 hours ago, abc2330 said:

David Long had that strip that led to Evans' TD against KC.  Game and Season changing play.  He also had a stop in the backfield on 4th and 1 against Baltimore.  Can't remember what else.

Agreed.

There are probably Titans fans who don't even know who he is, but Long did really well in filling in unexpectedly for Jayon, especially against KC. Most teams depending on a 6th round rookie to start at LB against Mahomes would have been toast.

2 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

Agreed.

There are probably Titans fans who don't even know who he is, but Long did really well in filling in unexpectedly for Jayon, especially against KC. Most teams depending on a 6th round rookie to start at LB against Mahomes would have been toast.

He made big plays in big moments against the best teams in the NFL during his rookie year.  I can't say for certain, but I believe he was the highest graded player per PFF against the chiefs during the playoff matchup. 

He was responsible for a large number of negative plays while at WVU.  He's seemed to have continued that trend in the NFL.  He definitely deserves more recognition and hype

On 6/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, IrishTitansFan said:

I think Evans is a little overrated by the board. He was huge in big moments but on a down by down basis Brown is way better

I agree. He makes a few good plays, but I feel like he's not very smart sometimes and it appears he is guessing when he shoots a gap. Seems almost wreckless to me. Obvious PFF does not like his play at all because he gets graded terribly by them.