2021 Draft Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will be closely watching Barmore in the CFB Championship Game today.

?

Posted Images

7 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

FA would be my preferred route to find one or trade as well. I’m serious when I say we need to draft all defense save for maybe a TE (Brevin Jordan) or WR 

There will be cap cuts and one or two mid level vet RT will be available if we choose to move on from Kelly.  No chance I'm counting on Wilson, this is a win now team and I'd rather go with the vet plug and play method.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

There will be cap cuts and one or two mid level vet RT will be available if we choose to move on from Kelly.  No chance I'm counting on Wilson, this is a win now team and I'd rather go with the vet plug and play method.

Would have to see who potential cap cuts are but only free agent RT I would care for signing is Taylor Moton (27yo) if he hits the market. Otherwise you are probably not getting anything better than Ty Sambrailo lol

April combine, anyone? The NFL recently released at least a chunk of the hotel blocks it had set for Indianapolis in late February, which is setting up as a potential precursor for the event to be pushed back.

Further complicating matters is that the NCAA is bubbling its men’s basketball tournament in and around Indianapolis, which takes most of March off the table as an option.

If the NFL does move the combine back into April, there’s been some discussion (though the league, I’m told, has been resistant as of now) of moving the draft back to accommodate the pre-draft run-up.

Cancelling the combine altogether would be the doomsday option, of course, but my sense is the league, NFS (which runs the combine), and the city are going to do everything they can to find a way to stage the event, even if it needs to be stripped down some. Most important to the teams is the medical information they get out of the combine, which would be pretty hard to replicate otherwise.

10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

April combine, anyone? The NFL recently released at least a chunk of the hotel blocks it had set for Indianapolis in late February, which is setting up as a potential precursor for the event to be pushed back.

Further complicating matters is that the NCAA is bubbling its men’s basketball tournament in and around Indianapolis, which takes most of March off the table as an option.

If the NFL does move the combine back into April, there’s been some discussion (though the league, I’m told, has been resistant as of now) of moving the draft back to accommodate the pre-draft run-up.

Cancelling the combine altogether would be the doomsday option, of course, but my sense is the league, NFS (which runs the combine), and the city are going to do everything they can to find a way to stage the event, even if it needs to be stripped down some. Most important to the teams is the medical information they get out of the combine, which would be pretty hard to replicate otherwise.

Definitely some very difficult decisions for the league coming up. You would think then could test and bubble the prospects a couple of days beforehand. Allow a very small amount of scouts/execs from each team and ensure they socially distance and are tested daily as well. Everything gets televised and recorded so those not there can continue to evaluate.

JRob really needs to find some help for Big Jeff his effectiveness has dipped once Clowney got injured and teams can now just consistently double team him.

Given the shallow nature of the IDL group in this draft class if you want guys who can help in 2021 you are going to have to take them early, could see a situation where JRob looks at either Daviyon Nixon or Christian Barmore in the first round if they are available and then get an EDGE guy in round 2.

Both Nixon and Barmore give you pass rushing upside from interior guys.