2021 Draft Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think we need to get more athletic at ILB and at S, i'm not convinced a Byard/Hooker pairing is going to work.

Also think JRob needs to do everything he can to keep the interior trio (Saffold/Jones/Davis) together next season it is a real strength of this team right now, Football Outsiders ranks the Titans IOL #1 in the NFL, JRob should also be looking at drafting an young G/C to develop behind Saffold/Jones as the drop off to Douglas now is just so massive.

The great thing about his upcoming draft is the potential upside of the EDGE group unlike recent years there are going to be very talented EDGE guys available late 2nd/early 3rd, have seen some big boards from reputable draft media have 10-12 EDGE in their top 100.

Another thing I love about this draft is there will be 4 QB's taken before the Titans are on the clock which is going to push some serious talent down the board.

Agree at ILB. We need a sideline to sideline guy ala Darius Leonard or Devin White. That would help clean up a lot in the front 7. Don’t know if there is a guy like that in the late 1st this year. Micah Parsons will be long gone. Evans was originally a bit of a OLB/ILB tweener coming out of college and now we are seeing that he struggles anywhere besides goal line where he doesn’t need to worry about the pass and can come downhill. 

At Safety, is your biggest concern that Byard/Hooker are both more FS-types vs Vaccaro being able to play a bit more in the box and we would struggle to fill that role?

Agreed about EDGE players in this draft. You gotta go with some raw potential sometimes. Hopefully they draft multiple guys there. Landry will be a free agent in 2022 and as of now I do not see them re-signing him. 

QBs will go off the board quick. I think there could be 5 that go before we pick. Maybe even a 6th being talked about too. Obviously Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, and Lance, but Kyle Trask and Mac Jones are working their way into the 1st round conversation with the years they are having. Obviously both have some amazing weapons around them, but both have been excellent this year.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will be closely watching Barmore in the CFB Championship Game today.

?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Agree at ILB. We need a sideline to sideline guy ala Darius Leonard or Devin White. That would help clean up a lot in the front 7. Don’t know if there is a guy like that in the late 1st this year. Micah Parsons will be long gone. Evans was originally a bit of a OLB/ILB tweener coming out of college and now we are seeing that he struggles anywhere besides goal line where he doesn’t need to worry about the pass and can come downhill. 

At Safety, is your biggest concern that Byard/Hooker are both more FS-types vs Vaccaro being able to play a bit more in the box and we would struggle to fill that role?

Agreed about EDGE players in this draft. You gotta go with some raw potential sometimes. Hopefully they draft multiple guys there. Landry will be a free agent in 2022 and as of now I do not see them re-signing him. 

QBs will go off the board quick. I think there could be 5 that go before we pick. Maybe even a 6th being talked about too. Obviously Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, and Lance, but Kyle Trask and Mac Jones are working their way into the 1st round conversation with the years they are having. Obviously both have some amazing weapons around them, but both have been excellent this year.

Just think we need a more dynamic player at S to partner Byard, Hooker just seems to be a body on the field and doesn't make enough impact with his snaps.

Notre Dame ILB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be a perfect addition to this defense but i'm hesitant to spend another top 25 pick on an ILB so soon after drafting Evans.

I wouldn't bet on 5 QB's going in the top 20 as I think one of the QB needy teams is going to get Sam Darnold out of the Jets once they draft Lawrence. 

We also have the huge unknown in Isaiah Wilson would hope they find him some snaps over these next 7 games as they simply must know before this year is over whether RT is going to be a need this offseason, I think Kelly gets cut in the cap purge in March.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

3 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we are going to have to address ILB in the draft Zaven Collins out of Tulsa is beginning to get a lot of hype. Could be some consideration in the 1st or 2nd round.

Hell of game for Collins tonight and ended it in OT! Collins for the Evans replacement.

Edited by titanskick8851

7 minutes ago, Guts said:

I'm watching Dustin Crum he's my mid-to-late round guy right now.  Wilson is likely going to be a 1st round pick now.

With Vrabel's ties to Luke Fickell at Cincinnati I could see the Titans being interested in Desmond Ridder if he is still available on day 3.

48 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we go CB, Shaun Wade would definitely be high up on the list especially with the Coombs and Ohio State connections.

Wade has been terrible so far this season he hasn't adjusted at all well to moving to the outside CB spot, got absolutely roasted for a long TD today.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wade has been terrible so far this season he hasn't adjusted at all well to moving to the outside CB spot, got absolutely roasted for a long TD today.

That is true, but wasn’t the sell always that he would be an elite NB? I would envision us putting him in that role if we drafted him. Maybe this year pushes him down to a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

14 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

That is true, but wasn’t the sell always that he would be an elite NB? I would envision us putting him in that role if we drafted him. Maybe this year pushes him down to a 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

This is from Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook today.

2. Stock Down: CB Shaun Wade, Ohio State

What do we do with Shaun Wade? The Ohio State redshirt junior has been billed as a future first-rounder for years now, but his play continues to be concerning when he's asked to venture outside of the slot. Wade has been pushed around and out-maneuvered too often over the last two seasons when asked to match up with Big Ten receivers. Wade could carve out a nice NFL career as a slot cornerback or an outside starter in a zone scheme, but he should not be confused for a man-coverage player. His NFL success will largely be about fit.