2021 Draft Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

Assuming JRob is going to be looking for a replacement for Corey Davis this offseason one under the radar guy to keep an eye on is Clemson WR Cornell Powell.

Powell is a 5th year senior who has been buried on the depth chart behind all those great Clemson WR who are now in the NFL, big body powerful WR that will probably be a day 3 pick given his age.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will be closely watching Barmore in the CFB Championship Game today.

?

Posted Images

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Assuming JRob is going to be looking for a replacement for Corey Davis this offseason one under the radar guy to keep an eye on is Clemson WR Cornell Powell.

Powell is a 5th year senior who has been buried on the depth chart behind all those great Clemson WR who are now in the NFL, big body powerful WR that will probably be a day 3 pick given his age.

When I saw him pull in that post and step through that the tackle for a TD, I was thinking he could be a good fit and be almost looking like an AJ Brown clone at 6’0 210 lbs. As you mentioned, Clemson has not struggled to develop NFL caliber WR’s. As long as they aren’t rushing the passer lol ???

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Absolutely hate that with Rashaan Evans regression that JRob is going to have to go back to the draft and pick another ILB there are enough issues on this defense without having to replace a first round pick after 3 years.

Yeah it’s probably one of the most frustrating things. You could see in Vrabel-Evans talks on the sideline that there just isn’t something right. I’d assume that with a real DC he may be able to regain the traction he had, but realistically they need to add another LB to prepare themselves if he doesn’t end up living up to his potential. There is also the chance that we lose Jayon this off-season as well.

Honestly, I would probably blow up the defense and make sure the players we have meet the scheme to a T this off season. If they don’t ship them out.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Likely first round CB Jaycee Horn has decided to opt out of the rest of the CFB season and declare for the NFL draft, this guy is someone the Titans should be very interested in during the draft process.

Thinking long term about the CB position, I think we draft someone early, but idk if we will draft someone in the first round. I keep going back and forth with it. Assuming Butler is not back then it’s got to be a top need but if we don’t re-sign Corey, Jayon, Clowney (not that I want this) we are going to have HUGE holes at WR, LB, and EDGE. At least at CB we know we will at least have Adoree, Fulton, Borders, Orr, and Chris Jackson back so at the least we have “some” depth vs a position like LB where literally all we will have is Evans and Long or WR where it’s just AJB and Hump. 

There are going to be some extremely hard decisions this off-season, from cuts, to restructures and re-signings, down to the draft selections.

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Thinking long term about the CB position, I think we draft someone early, but idk if we will draft someone in the first round. I keep going back and forth with it. Assuming Butler is not back then it’s got to be a top need but if we don’t re-sign Corey, Jayon, Clowney (not that I want this) we are going to have HUGE holes at WR, LB, and EDGE. At least at CB we know we will at least have Adoree, Fulton, Borders, Orr, and Chris Jackson back so at the least we have “some” depth vs a position like LB where literally all we will have is Evans and Long or WR where it’s just AJB and Hump. 

There are going to be some extremely hard decisions this off-season, from cuts, to restructures and re-signings, down to the draft selections.

Certainly won't have a clear picture on draft needs until the salary cap dump happens in March and seeing what the roster looks like afterwards, the way the NFL is trending the best defenses are built being able to force QB's off their initial read and giving the pass rush time to affect the play, having 2 good outside CB is becoming a necessity.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Certainly won't have a clear picture on draft needs until the salary cap dump happens in March and seeing what the roster looks like afterwards, the way the NFL is trending the best defenses are built being able to force QB's off their initial read and giving the pass rush time to affect the play, having 2 good outside CB is becoming a necessity.

Absolutely true. Depends who survives the purge. Same bet is Butler and Vaccaro. Thankfully we have Fulton and Hooker waiting in the wings there. Having to release Saffold or Humphries would be a huge downer from an offensive continuity standpoint, especially considering we don’t have any guys behind them that would be ready to set up. I think we are all good with them completely retooling and rebuilding the defense. Only for sure players on that side of the ball next year are Simmons, Landry, Adoree, Fulton, Byard, and Hooker. I think that Evans could easily lose his starting spot as well.

Edited by titanskick8851

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Absolutely true. Depends who survives the purge. Same bet is Butler and Vaccaro. Thankfully we have Fulton and Hooker waiting in the wings there. Having to release Saffold or Humphries would be a huge downer from an offensive continuity standpoint, especially considering we don’t have any guys behind them that would be ready to set up. I think we are all good with them completely retooling and rebuilding the defense. Only for sure players on that side of the ball next year are Simmons, Landry, Adoree, Fulton, Byard, and Hooker. I think that Evans could easily lose his starting spot as well.

I think we need to get more athletic at ILB and at S, i'm not convinced a Byard/Hooker pairing is going to work.

Also think JRob needs to do everything he can to keep the interior trio (Saffold/Jones/Davis) together next season it is a real strength of this team right now, Football Outsiders ranks the Titans IOL #1 in the NFL, JRob should also be looking at drafting an young G/C to develop behind Saffold/Jones as the drop off to Douglas now is just so massive.

The great thing about his upcoming draft is the potential upside of the EDGE group unlike recent years there are going to be very talented EDGE guys available late 2nd/early 3rd, have seen some big boards from reputable draft media have 10-12 EDGE in their top 100.

Another thing I love about this draft is there will be 4 QB's taken before the Titans are on the clock which is going to push some serious talent down the board.