An example of how the media has no clue about the Titans

scine09

58 minutes ago, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

Yes last year was an anomaly in that for the first time he was actually detrimental to the offense's success. I dont know why. Before that he was actually keeping the offense from being a complete disaster under Mularkey. I'm over it though and am not trying to start another war about it.  We have our different views on the matter.

Wait, what?  2017 he was the drizzling shits with his more INT than TD season.  There is no way he was "keeping the offense from being a disaster".  It's more like the other way around, the offense was holding up his sorry play.  He even admitted that he (Mariota) was killing the offense.  Don't try to spin that "but Mularkey's offense sucked and ruined Mariota" bs here.

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Dream on, we saw the offense with him and without him, the difference was incredible 

Of course.  I do get a good chuckle when thinking about how Tannehil came in and took the job from right under Mariota (took his contract too, because you know they would have paid PT if he had a decent season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny thing is that the scout who picked him/recommended him said he was a G.  And Whiz still trotted him out at RT.  Total incompetence on coaching.

I remember the Dolphin game where Poutasi was having trouble even touching C. Wake. Wake had like 4 sacks in a quarter & we lost 38-10

A rare informed and reasonable Titans take from Peter King and his yearly power rankings.   7. Tennessee (11-8, lost AFC Championship Game to Kansas City 35-24)   I don’t think we

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pray_iv_m3rcy said:

Yes last year was an anomaly in that for the first time he was actually detrimental to the offense's success. I dont know why. Before that he was actually keeping the offense from being a complete disaster under Mularkey. I'm over it though and am not trying to start another war about it.  We have our different views on the matter.

Sorry but he sucked. No way anyone not blind could disagree. Nice guy. Wish him well. Glad he is gone.

24 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Of course.  I do get a good chuckle when thinking about how Tannehil came in and took the job from right under Mariota (took his contract too, because you know they would have paid PT if he had a decent season.

I loved it when @headhunter posted: "If only MM had the same weapons Tanny did"

was it all on the QB? Yes

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Dream on, we saw the offense with him and without him, the difference was incredible 

Let's not forget that Lewan was suspended for the first 4 weeks of the season. That had just as much to do with their poor start as Mariota did.

12 hours ago, rns90 said:

Wait, what?  2017 he was the drizzling shits with his more INT than TD season.  There is no way he was "keeping the offense from being a disaster".  It's more like the other way around, the offense was holding up his sorry play.  He even admitted that he (Mariota) was killing the offense.  Don't try to spin that "but Mularkey's offense sucked and ruined Mariota" bs here.

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I loved it when @headhunter posted: "If only MM had the same weapons Tanny did"

was it all on the QB? Yes

Tannehill DESTROYED every stupid Tard argument that defended Pineapple Tebow.  The play caller, scheme, surrounding talent....It was always him like some of us said it was.

A bit of Titans love on GMFB today there was a discussion about who is more likely to make it to the Super Bowl Tannehill/Titans or Brady/Bucs and the majority view was the Titans were more likely to reach the Super Bowl.

Was also refreshing to see members of the national media look past the ridiculous narrative that the Titans are going to see a massive regression like the 2018 Jags after they made the AFCCG the previous season.

The biggest difference between that Jaguars team and the Titans is the Titans have been decent for a while.  9-7 for 4 straight years.  While the Jaguars came out of nowhere after 6 consecutive losing seasons, all of which were 5-11 or worse.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good old Adam Rank and his preseason predictions, 8-8 isn't an unrealistic prediction but I doubt the team would get to 8-8 if they start the season 1-4 as he has predicted.

The whole 3+ minute Titans prediction segment is below.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Watching the AFC South Season Preview on Golic and WIngo just now you would of got the impression the Colts are the favorites to win the SB and the Titans would be competing with the Jags for the number 1 pick in the draft, it was a sickening Colts love fest.

Really is embarrassing how little effort ESPN puts into covering the Titans, they just trotted out all the same offseason narratives that are floating around NFL twitter, that Tannehill will massively regress, the OL will fall apart without Conklin, opposition defenses will work out how to stop Henry, the losses of Casey/Ryan is too much for the defense to overcome.

13 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Watching the AFC South Season Preview on Golic and WIngo just now you would of got the impression the Colts are the favorites to win the SB and the Titans would be competing with the Jags for the number 1 pick in the draft, it was a sickening Colts love fest.

Really is embarrassing how little effort ESPN puts into covering the Titans, they just trotted out all the same offseason narratives that are floating around NFL twitter, that Tannehill will massively regress, the OL will fall apart without Conklin, opposition defenses will work out how to stop Henry, the losses of Casey/Ryan is too much for the defense to overcome.

I stopped watching ESPN over 10 years ago. They do not offer anyrhing of value and haven't for a long time. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I stopped watching ESPN over 10 years ago. They do not offer anyrhing of value and haven't for a long time. 

It is a good choice for going to sleep. If you cant fall asleep listening to espn your not tired.

• 1 month later...

This is from an article on CBSSports.com about each team's most likely Hall of Famer currently on the roster.  Here's what they said about the Titans player.  This is typical of the media, having absolutely no clue about who is on and not on the roster.  I'm surprised they didn't include a blurb about Delanie Walker:

Tennessee Titans: Derrick Henry, RB 

Current Hall of Fame "lock"? No

Henry will need at least 4-5 more seasons at his current pace 

I almost gave this spot to Jurrell Casey, who is looking to earn his sixth consecutive Pro Bowl selection in 2020. But given how hard it is for defensive linemen to get into the Hall of Fame, I decided to give the nod to Henry, who is coming off a monster season that saw him win his first rushing title before he wrecked havoc on the Patriots and Ravens in the AFC playoffs. If he can stay healthy, and if he can put together another run like he had during the '19 playoffs, Henry could be knocking on the doors of Canton by the time he hangs up his cleats for good.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

This is from an article on CBSSports.com about each team's most likely Hall of Famer currently on the roster.  Here's what they said about the Titans player.  This is typical of the media, having absolutely no clue about who is on and not on the roster.  I'm surprised they didn't include a blurb about Delanie Walker:

Tennessee Titans: Derrick Henry, RB 

Current Hall of Fame "lock"? No

Henry will need at least 4-5 more seasons at his current pace 

I almost gave this spot to Jurrell Casey, who is looking to earn his sixth consecutive Pro Bowl selection in 2020. But given how hard it is for defensive linemen to get into the Hall of Fame, I decided to give the nod to Henry, who is coming off a monster season that saw him win his first rushing title before he wrecked havoc on the Patriots and Ravens in the AFC playoffs. If he can stay healthy, and if he can put together another run like he had during the '19 playoffs, Henry could be knocking on the doors of Canton by the time he hangs up his cleats for good.

I saw that today and immediately thought of this topic. Just lazy and stupid. Embarrassing that he covers the NFL and made that statement. It caused me to go back and check the date on the article, which was today. 

Edited by 10 A See
Spell