Who is your offensive and defensive breakout player this year?

kyle021

On offense I am going with Humphries. I think after a rough first year here that he breaks out in this system putting up near career highs in catches and converted third downs. 

I don’t care if he catches 110 balls for 10 yards a catch. If he can produce first downs on a consistent basis in third and medium and third and long then consider me a happy man. 

My alternate offensive pick would be Jonnu Smith. If Humphries doesn’t do that then I would expect Smith to put up 60 catches for 800 yards and 7-9 TD’s

Defensively I’m going with our second year man in Simmons. Last year I predicted Jayon Brown. This year it’s big Jeff with 60+ tackles and 10+ sacks

My alternate would be Adoree with him putting the icing on the cake and generating turnovers in addition to his sticky coverage. I would guess he gets 4+ interceptions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Brown and Evans are going to be terrors.  No run.  No pass.

Davis and Simmons as the offensive and defensive breakouts.   This is Davis' big chance. Defenses will focus on AJ Brown. Of course, Jonnu has just as good of an opportunity.   Sim

I hate not keeping good players but as well as jrob does in rounds 3-5, I say bring on the comp picks.

Simmons is certainly a good choice on defense. If they don't sign Clowney, then I'm thinking another possibility could be Harold Landry.

He had 9 sacks last season, no one else on the team had more than five. And I don't expect Beasley to have a double-digit sack season either.

4 minutes ago, Callidus said:

As far as ilb tandems go they are way underappreciated outside of titans fans. They complement each other perfect. 

Possibly the best ILB tandem in the NFL since Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman were both with SF.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Davis and Simmons as the offensive and defensive breakouts.

This is Davis' big chance. Defenses will focus on AJ Brown. Of course, Jonnu has just as good of an opportunity.

Simmons is obvious on D.

Everyone is going to say Simmons I figured and I am hoping big time he's a household name by the end of the season.  I guess Davis might breakout this year because he has been my pick the last two years and well.?

We need Jonnu to take the next step and become a focal point of the offense. For that reason I’ll say him. He’s got the athletic ability. We just need to see him become more involved consistently and not just have plays schemed

for him. 

Defense I’m going to go Vic Beasley. I think he gets 12+ sacks. He gets back to being a force off the edge. 

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Definitely a homer opinion. They aren’t even close to Willis and Bowman though.

That's why I used the word "possibly", not "definitely". We're talking about players going into their 3rd and 4th seasons. So maybe some day, OK?

49 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

That's why I used the word "possibly", not "definitely". We're talking about players going into their 3rd and 4th seasons. So maybe some day, OK?

No I agree with you. I don’t think there’s another team that runs a 34 with two ILB that good. Hell, Evans is top 8 in my book and Brown top 12

Brown would be a nightmare WLB in a 4-3

Edited by kyle021