How will the departure of Dean Pees affect the Titan's defense?

freakingeek

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the biggest concern of mine going into the season.

I think the impact is minimal.  Vrabel knows the defense in and out and already was hands on with the game plan.  He hand picked Pees and I trust him to make it work. 

There has been a lot of speculation and discussion about the free agent signings, the draft and the departure of Casey and Ryan and how that will affect the Titans ability to remain competitive this c

The year Vrabel called plays he lost J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus pretty early in the season. Not to forget Tom Savage/TJ Yates started 10 games due to Watson being on IR.  So their offense blew most of the year and lost their two most dominant defensive players.

Edited by Guts

It's definitely not the most desired move, but it had to happen.  The Titans knew this day was coming and had plans.  We see now, the plan was Vrabel.  I credit him with the high level of energy coming from the defense.  He's been around some great defensive CO's in New England and here.  I didn't like it at first, but I have warmed up to the idea.  I don't see the D becoming a weakness or falling off.

46 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

From what we seen from Vrabel with the Texans I don't expect it to be better. I think Dean was an excellent coordinator who knew how to scheme so well it covered up our deficiencies. And he made great 2nd half adjustments.

I really don't see Vrabel being as detail oriented as Pees. And imo our lack of defensive talent, specifically at pass rush needs somebody like Pees.

He called a masterpiece vs the Patriots and Ravens. And if not for Pees we woulda got the doors blown off us by the Chiefs imo.

I think the way our defense played despite the lack of talent, specifically on the defensive line and the lack of experience we certainly over achieved reaching AFC Championship game. I do think we have promising young talent, however if you can scheme or adjust it could be wasted.

I think we had decent talent on defense with some weaknesses in the secondary but more so, the schemes were just outstanding. That said Vrabel is proving himself to have a high football IQ and has Pees' schemes to work with. I'm hopeful that Vrabel can build on that with a full year of a healthy Simmons and the addition of Fulton with Evans and Landry with a year under their belts.

Edited by freakingeek

9 minutes ago, TitanTez said:

You see that INDY game after Pees had the heart attack?

Meat head didn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground.

So you are going to make a judgement based on part of one game against a team that they never beat with Luck under center?   FWIW they didn't play much better versus Indy in the game that Pees did call......

If Vrabel is such a moron, then why is he here?