Riots in Minneapolis after police murder another unarmed black man.

heyitsmeallen

Another never trumper in the form of our own Secretary of Defense: 

I have serious concerns about using military forces to respond to protestors. The role of the US military in domestic US law enforcement is limited by law. It must not be used in violation of those limits and I see little evidence that President Trump understands this fundamental premise," 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it's just you offer shit all discourse and resort to insults too quickly. And you're practically illegible most of the time. Basically, just a shit poster who induces pain in the brain trying to un

Your M.O. is stale.  Biden will go to pray for the family’s strength — for all those who met a similar fate — as a humble servant in this nation’s process of healing from this latest outrage of the sy

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

They obviously should have done this before the news hit the public.  Instead, the police chief fires him and they gotta look at it.  Then the MN AG says they don't see any reason to charge him.

Now, after world wide protests, "We are going to charge this s.o.b., look at all the shit he done got us'n in."

What are you talking about? Thats not even remotely how things went down. the MN AG was calling for justice and wanted the local DA to move much quicker. When the initial charge of 3rd degree came down, the AG took over a few days later and is now upping the charges. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

the AG took over a few days later and is now upping the charges. 

Which is stupid. 3rd degree gets 25 years, plus he was also charged with manslaughter. Upping the charges makes it a lot more likely he gets off. I don’t care if his reasoning of the law is correct. This is especially so since he did this alongside charging the other three officers. Common sense and all. 

43 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I suppose you and nimrod Madmax thinks it's because of racism.   Not so.   Their inner city culture is a mess, and you cant blame whitey on that.

Try reading an accurate post Reconstruction history book. Confiscation of wealth, shit  separate but unequal schools, welfare systems that penalized 2 parent families, legalized discrimination,  lack of investment in inner cities....

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The video is likely enough along with the audio of Floyd pleading for his life but you never know. All it takes is for one soxcat or little earl to get on the jury. 3rd degree Murder would likely be a lock but after reading the differences between the two statutes I think 2nd degree murder is warrented. 

It’s a really stupid move. I’m not trying to harp on this. Proving he intended to kill him is not easy.

20 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Which is stupid. 3rd degree gets 25 years, plus he was also charged with manslaughter. Upping the charges makes it a lot more likely he gets off. I don’t care if his reasoning of the law is correct. This is especially so since he did this alongside charging the other three officers. Common sense and all. 

Can't they charge both and let the jury decide?

Just now, ctm said:

Can't they charge both and let the jury decide?

I don’t know. One implies intent and the other implies lack of concern. They’re entirely dissimilar charges. 

without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life

This is the Minnesota law for 3rd degree. Your question is better served for @abenjami

I’m glad they upped the charge to 2nd degree and arrested the other officers. That ups the max charge from 25 years to 40 right? Also it’s being reported the other officers are charged with aiding and abetting 2nd degree murder.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

What are you talking about? Thats not even remotely how things went down. the MN AG was calling for justice and wanted the local DA to move much quicker. When the initial charge of 3rd degree came down, the AG took over a few days later and is now upping the charges. 

My mistake.  I mixed up the DA and AG.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

I suppose you and nimrod Madmax thinks it's because of racism.   Not so.   Their inner city culture is a mess, and you cant blame whitey on that.

And despite your discomfort I imagine, you can’t 100% absolve him either.  At least not honestly.