Riots in Minneapolis after police murder another unarmed black man.

heyitsmeallen

16 hours ago, abenjami said:

I grew up in a very middle class community.  Blue state, west coast, inherently not a lot of racism present, especially since I'm a generation or two younger than you.  Mostly white community.  Decent amount of Hispanics due to my proximity to the Mexican border.  Lots of Asians, mostly Filipino.  I'd say Filipino was 2nd behind white.  Blacks were definitely the minority.

Good community though.  Not a lot of crime.  There was a big core group of us kids who went from elementary school to high school together.  We all played little league, pop warner, soccer, and rec basketball together.

When I was 8 years old in little league, my coach was black.  He was a field worker for the local power company.  Climbed power poles for a living.  Best damn baseball coach I ever had, and I played baseball for many years.  Heck, one of my other baseball coaches, his kid made it to MLB and he wasn't as good a coach as this guy was.  Another coach of mine played AAA ball and he wasn't as good as a coach as this guy was.  I'm left handed and I was batting right handed at that age.  This man taught me how to be a switch hitter and so many other things about baseball.  Fuck baseball, I could spend an hour telling you how much I have appreciated being ambidextrous in life, and it was all due to this black man who took time out of his blue collar schedule to coach little league and help out a white kid who didn't have the raw athletic ability to become a pro but who had natural coordination and physical skills to put to use in life.  I still run into him every now and then when I go home to visit my parents.  He still remembers me, and I still remember him.  He's one of my favorite people to see in the old hood.

I went to a high school of about 2,500 kids.  Again, mostly white, lots of filipinos, good amount of hispanics, few blacks.  I'd say out of 2,500 kids at my high school that maybe 50 were black and that is a generous estimate.  It could have been more like 25 or 30.

I was bullied once during high school.  My freshman year, some older white wanna be gang banger who was bigger than me started picking on me one day.  That ended very quickly the next day when my good 6'4 and 320 pound black friend put him up against a locker by his neck during lunch and told him he would die if he ever looked at me again.  Every now and then I would walk down a hallway and randomly see this kid.  He would literally scramble to get away from me out of fear of the wrath of my black friend.

Another time, during my senior year, some younger Filipino gang banger started shit with me in the parking lot after school.  I was handling it fine by myself until I got jumped by 2 of his friends.  You know who saved my ass out of nowhere?  Our 6'6 black wide receiver slash power forward.  We weren't close friends or anything, we had just grown up together, he knew the type of person I am, and he was not about to watch me fight a 3 on 1 by myself.

I don't see skin color.  I really don't.  I see people and their actions.  In my younger days, I had "relations" with women of different skin colors.  Not to achieve some kind of white man's conquest, but because I was interested in the person.  In my career, I have represented black people and other minorities against white people.

I won't pretend to have experienced racial discrimination.  I clearly have not.  I'm a good looking, successful white guy.  I have gotten out of more than one speeding ticket due to officer discretion.  I talked my way out of a DUI a few years ago when I might have been over the legal limit.

But don't think for a second that I don't have a fair understanding of it.  I've seen it.  I've witnessed it first hand.  I've stood up for people in a court of law trying to protect them from it.

Law enforcement is not a sales job.  There is no buyer and seller.  It is not a negotiation.  It is a position of authority.  It has to be in order for it to be effective.  Some of the people in the position of authority clearly need to do better and/or be stripped of their position of authority.  That is going to take some time to change and it's never going to be perfect.  Efforts should be focused on making the change happen, not being defiant and causing strife between citizens and the officers who are not the problem.

Law Enforcement.  Every job is a sales job, if the community doesn't trust/like you, it's very hard to get support.  The police have earned their reputation by their mistreatment of Americans in the black communities.  They have historically treated these human beings differently that the entire community.  A few bad apples, get hugged by the FOP and are rarely thrown out of the barrel.  In 2020, 60 police officers resigned their voluntary position in support of one police officer who pushed a 72yo white human to the ground, busting his head and walked past him bleeding out on the ground.

You are one white person.  You also follow a sport that is comprised of a lot of black people.  We each have experiences.  I have prejudiced friends who love/like me.  Why?  Because they know me.  I used to hang with a few pubs, again I used to hold no resentment against people for their politics.  Religion and politics, leave it outside.  We traveled on business and always hooked up when we were in the same places.  They helped me make money.  

One night one of them called me and was talking on the phone.  He was talking about some bad fast food service and said "then I saw the manager around the corner bullshitting like some Harlem N-----."  This guy like your friend would do anything for me.  I tried for half an hour to think what word would fit.  Maybe I didn't hear him right.  I just finally had to accept the truth.  He's a bigot.  But he's not bigoted toward me.  That's important to understand.  He knows me.  He's only bigoted toward black humans he doesn't know.

People you don't know.  People you will never know.  People talk about Chicago, 50 shootings in one weekend.  Do you know how many humans of color live in Chicago?  America?  But people who don't know me will get afraid when they meet me alone in a parking lot.  If I could stop the intercity violence I would because it hurts all Americans.  It hurts black human beings the most.  That's why so many black humans were happy Obama got elected.  One time, this time, people will see the capabilities of a human being who has a different color skin.

Obama was the ultimate family man.  We both know they turned over every rock, looked under every bush and found nothing.  But Trump came out with the old itch scratcher, armed with lies and more lies.  Possessing the character of a miscreant he actually got elected.  BIZARRE.  He's now telling people BLM is a terrorist organization.  He's trying to promote as much anger between the races as he possible can.  And what is his catalyst now?  A black human being died after being held under the knee of a white human being for eight minutes and forty-six seconds.

The victim has been the impetus for more victimization.  You can't begin to know what it's like to be treated different every day of your life because your skin is a different color.  You have to have a mindset of determination and aloofness to achieve any goal in life and you have to forget that you would have achieved so much more if not for the pigmentation of your skin.  You have to teach your children how to act toward police, not out of respect.  But so they won't get shot.

So, the young man in Colorado has done all this to near perfection-way pass 50 shot in a Chicago weekend.  Here comes another human.  SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS N...!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it's just you offer shit all discourse and resort to insults too quickly. And you're practically illegible most of the time. Basically, just a shit poster who induces pain in the brain trying to un

Your M.O. is stale.  Biden will go to pray for the family’s strength — for all those who met a similar fate — as a humble servant in this nation’s process of healing from this latest outrage of the sy

Posted Images

On 7/2/2020 at 4:13 AM, nine said:

Based on my own experiences and cops I've known personally,  I firmly believe the vast majority of officers are good, hardworking people who are in it for the right reasons;  it's really just a handful of bad cops who cause most of the problems.   But now that everyone has a video recorder in their pocket and with the 24-hour news cycle being what it is,  bad cops are the only ones who get media coverage....which creates a negative perception of the entire profession and everyone in it.

I recently read an article that explained how police departments generally have a pretty good idea who their bad apples are.   Bad cops typically have a history of problems and complaints against them;  unfortunately,  union politics and labor laws make it very difficult for departments to weed them out and get rid of them.    Virtually every fired cop files an appeal or union grievance, which results in an arbitration hearing that focuses solely on the one specific incident that led to the officer's termination...nothing else.    Thanks to the way labor laws are structured,  the department cannot present any of an officer's previous incidents or past transgressions as considerations that factored into his firing.   Even when they know he's a bad cop with a long history of violations and abuse....they can't use it as justification for termination.     As a result, a significant percentage of police firings are reversed upon appeal...and departments are forced to put bad cops back on the job.

Because they can't get rid of them, the department eventually gets discouraged and stops trying....which only makes matters worse and it just snowballs.    And after a few years, a new police chief or commissioner comes in with a plan to clean things up and rid the department of corruption and abuse....only to be shot down by the exact same pushback and legal hurdles that caused the problems in the first place.   So it becomes a vicious circle that never gets fixed.

Sounds a whole lot like what I'm facing trying to get rid of my bad apples in my unit.  

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Liberals have run these cities for years. Its on them. The protests are bullshit because the bottom lime is that if BLM really gave a shit about black lives they would beg for Marshall Law and let the police clean out the gangs overnight. But its not about that. If you even would take the time to learn about the founders if BLM you might learn something.

The ills of society? Shit a few examples of police brutality isnt even in the top 20 of societal issues. 

Or yet again you may agree with them.

This just the usual lame attempt to change the conversation. 

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Liberals have run these cities for years. Its on them.

Your ignorance is showing.  NYC was run by Guiliani and Bloomberg for a combined 20 years before the Di Blasio.

Quit getting bothered by things that don't concern you.  Worry more about your own town and less about other cities.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:30 PM, abenjami said:

That lady was completely in the wrong, but that cop was being a dick simply because she dared to to challenge his authority. He could have just as easily let her sign the ticket when she finally agreed to, but he was pissed and was going to teach her a lesson. I'm sure the DA was just thrilled when this crossed his desk. If you don't have the disposition to handle people reacting angrily towards you, then maybe you shouldn't choose law enforcement as a career; will repeat once again the woman was completely in the wrong and I'm sure everything the cop did was by the book.

6 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

That lady was completely in the wrong, but that cop was being a dick simply because she dared to to challenge his authority. He could have just as easily let her sign the ticket when she finally agreed to, but he was pissed and was going to teach her a lesson. I'm sure the DA was just thrilled when this crossed his desk. If you don't have the disposition to handle people reacting angrily towards you, then maybe you shouldn't choose law enforcement as a career; will repeat once again the woman was completely in the wrong and I'm sure everything the cop did was by the book.

Sometimes people need to be taught lessons the hard way.  Law enforcement cannot function effectively if people are able to challenge their authority without repercussions.

This incident has nothing to do with disposition to handle people reacting angrily towards you.  The officer gave her several chances and she still disobeyed.

33 minutes ago, tgo said:

He actually might be right about this.

I haven't spent a lot of time really getting into the issue of reopening schools but I do know a few teachers out here.  I am hearing teachers are going to be expected to sanitize their classrooms 3x per day.  That's 30 desks, 3 times per day, in addition to other areas of the classroom.  Teachers will also have to do the daily temperature checks and somehow ensure all students are 6 feet apart at all times, which isn't physically possible in most classrooms.  But then masks for kids will be optional.  LOL