Riots in Minneapolis after police murder another unarmed black man.

heyitsmeallen

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

So if rioters are burning buildings, looting stores, attacking police, injuring others, etc., any response or control other than to stand back and allow it to happen is third world shit? What kind of moronic thought process is that? 

Whoosh. No one said that but you do you. The continued deflections are expected.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it's just you offer shit all discourse and resort to insults too quickly. And you're practically illegible most of the time. Basically, just a shit poster who induces pain in the brain trying to un

Your M.O. is stale.  Biden will go to pray for the family’s strength — for all those who met a similar fate — as a humble servant in this nation’s process of healing from this latest outrage of the sy

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

These people?

Anyone who believes a bus or any number of ANTIFA are coming to their town. 

Alt-Right troll accounts put this misinformation out there for almost every city and the gullible retweet and react to the info.  Go look up your city. Even small suburb cities that no one would care about. 

At this point, the Alt-Right is giving everyone the evidence that they are behind the ANTIFA myth. 

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

One person tweets something and you say "these people" like a mindless idiot.

If I used the same language about a black person I'd be called a racist.  Idiot.

Dude. Stop being ignorant. Look up the overreaction that is widespread. I had to smack my face when people in Nashville were posting about it to the community Facebook pages. 

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

So if rioters are burning buildings, looting stores, attacking police, injuring others, etc., any response or control other than to stand back and allow it to happen is third world shit? What kind of moronic thought process is that? 

No one is saying that. 

National Guard, State Police, Local police etc. should be on hand due to the riots and looting, but they should be a passive presence as much as possible rather than actively advancing to clear peaceful protests. If they're advancing on a crowd of looters/rioters to arrest them, that's a different story. 

Minnesota handled their situation very poorly and did not deploy National Guard and state police soon enough to address the looters and anarchists who were taking advantage of the protests. 

Let's not conflate these things - there are tons of entirely peaceful protests going on with people singing together and chanting/holding signs. Those don't need to be addressed the same way that rioters and arsonists and looters should be addressed. 

A show of force by National Guard and police is fine by me in the areas where there has been violence. But they need to be *passive*, standing guard, not moving in on protesters unless they start destroying property. 

What we can't have is US active military units turning our cities into fascist police states by order of the president, or even worse unmarked Secret Police/Gustapo type forces comprised of executive-controlled "troops" that have no chain of command except to Trump. And they certainly don't have any crowd control training - these are DEA/ICE/DHS/FBI people and are not trained for these situations anyway. 

We cannot allow this to happen in America, it will be the end of America as we know it. 

Edited by tgo

Protesters are fine. This is America. No issues with me. But you know as well as me that anarchists use this cover to engage in unacceptable behavior and use the crowd for their own schemes. It is hard to tell at times which is which. And arresting looters and arsonists is fine but better to keep them from doing their thing. And protesters should also contribute, as many have, by pointing out who is committing a crime.

It is astounding and telling that after a week of awareness-raising and visible racial tensions, we have @Soxcat and @Rolltide in here arguing that black people have inferior intelligence. 

For fucks sake dudes, take a long look inside your souls. Be better human beings. 

At this point, TR should just throw out the trash and ban you both. Just remember when we refer to you as racists in the future, you double-downed. 

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Protesters are fine. This is America. No issues with me. But you know as well as me that anarchists use this cover to engage in unacceptable behavior and use the crowd for their own schemes. It is hard to tell at times which is which. And arresting looters and arsonists is fine but better to keep them from doing their thing. And protesters should also contribute, as many have, by pointing out who is committing a crime.

And good police should be banding together to kick out the bad police. Cover works both ways. When a good cop doesn’t stop a bad cop, they’re both bad cops. 

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

This brings up a point: Conservatives are lazy as far as leading society.   By lazy, I mean they want an easy society where everything is easily defined and labeled. They do not want  gray and degrees where you actually have to work at forming what is right or wrong in society.

I have seen bits and pieces of it much of my life.  Conservatives often wish for the good-old-days and if you explore those opinions further, you often find that what they mean by that is distinct groups with bad guys wearing black hats and good guys wearing white hats. I actually heard someone say that once - he wished we were back in the 1800s where he opined you knew who the good and bad guys were and how much easier that distinct situation would make life. 

Society and life are complex and hard - pieces do not fit together easily and it is lazy to want them to be that way. 

Edited by 9 Nines

39 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

One person tweets something and you say "these people" like a mindless idiot.

If I used the same language about a black person I'd be called a racist.  Idiot.

It is “these people” 

super scared and ignorant middle class white people who only get information from certain circles and think black people are out to get them and ruin their way of life. They willingly segregate themselves from other cultures. These people are the worst on the internet at sharing falsities to back they and their friends preconceived and dated notions ...and often they are bathing so deep in their whitewashed culture that they don’t even know they are being racist. 

the reason you are so offended is because you are one of them. 

@SoxcatThe vast majority of the protests around the country have been peaceful. 

It's not a few "peaceful protesters" mixed in with looters and rioters. It's a few looters/rioters mixed in with peaceful protesters, using the protest as a cover for illegal activity and anarchy. 

After the violence over the weekend, protesters started to police their own crowds and oust those causing chaos. 

40 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Trump wasn’t fine with peaceful protesters before curfew while he forced the military to attack them for a photo op. 

The police have been shown to be the aggressors just as much if not more than the rioters (who let’s be honest are extremists from both sides and have very little to do with the protests) .. the number of agent provocateurs we have seen from our own police creating chaos should be more disturbing to you than anything you have witnessed the past week.