Why do Conservatives believe COVID deaths are overcounted?

IsntLifeFunny

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The answer to the OP is the pandemic has damaged Trump and the GOP's election chances, possibly in a massive way. Regardless of how serious you think the threat of the virus is the GOP response has to

Without going through the entire thread I'll answer the question:   They really don't know either way but are just saying it because they think that in some weird way the less people who die

I read somewhere that the republican party (Trump supporters that is) has become the party of the uneducated and bigoted.  Which is pretty much where it's at now.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s a pretty interesting take, thor. So you actually think the totals are undercounted? Welp, I might disagree with your logic, but I’m glad you’re right about something for once. 

I didn't say that --- stop playing echo chamber nitwit...   ?

Edited by thor

“Of course conservatives know the death totals are higher then the democrats want to tell us”....those were your words. Feel free to go edit, but it falls with the rest of your post. 

So undercounted or overcounted? Which is it? 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s a pretty interesting take, thor. So you actually think the totals are undercounted? Welp, I might disagree with your logic, but I’m glad you’re right about something for once. 

No, I said let me spin it now... But, I'll tell you what I actually think...   ?

I think even 1 person is too, too many deaths... It abhors me... However, I have no idea how many deaths are actually correct 1) how many died before Trump shutdown if China was already "seeding" our country 2) how many deaths are actually from virus 3) are deaths in general just being assigned a virus death designation - who the hell knows and how can you actually tell??? IMO there is no way to tell one way or the other --- the main crimes I find are with China and the WHO holding back info and lying about the initiation, the knowledge at the outset that was destroyed, and the bs of saying it isn't transmittable from person to person early on and the coverup...   ?   ?

I have no problem with Trump's actions --- if anything I feel the states dropped the ball on being prepared as it is on them... could everyone have done better --- sure, but, this is unprecedented --- if I'm placing fault I think the IC dropped the ball more than anyone and now lately dem leaders for the seeding retirement homes and veteran facilities --- after that it is what it is --- evil unleashed, never should have happened and we're all paying a price --- but, now it's time to re-open before being shutdown kills more then the lockdown... jmo...   ?   ?    ?

Edited by thor

You ready to admit you got it wrong @IsntLifeFunny?  We’re like a week and a half into our agreement of a month.  States reopening, sports reopening, ever-growing riots and dissent in the states that are still trying to tyrannically suppress the rights of the populace.  Even the news cycle is drifting away from the Commie-cough-pocalypse to more traditional clickbaity narratives....Hell the Southeast as a whole has basically been reopened for a month now with miraculously good news (if you consider lack of deaths good news...which sadly some probably don’t given the narratives at stake).  

I feel like posts like this are kinda moving the goalposts a bit.  Shifting the sensationalism.  You want to concede?  

Edited by Mercalius

42 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

You ready to admit you got it wrong @IsntLifeFunny?  We’re like a week and a half into our agreement of a month.  States reopening, sports reopening, ever-growing riots and dissent in the states that are still trying to tyrannically suppress the rights of the populace.  Even the news cycle is drifting away from the Commie-cough-pocalypse to more traditional clickbaity narratives....Hell the Southeast as a whole has basically been reopened for a month now with miraculously good news (if you consider lack of deaths good news...which sadly some probably don’t given the narratives at stake).  

I feel like posts like this are kinda moving the goalposts a bit.  Shifting the sensationalism.  You want to concede?  

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. 100k dead. Likely 70-100 more by the end of summer. Then we will see how well we handle winter. We are just at the beginning of this.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. 100k dead. Likely 70-100 more by the end of summer. Then we will see how well we handle winter. We are just at the beginning of this.

We agreed a week and a half ago to check back in roughly a month later to see whether reopening or hunkering down was the right call.  I can quote the original if you’d like.  Reopening was clearly the answer.  

1 hour ago, Mercalius said:

We agreed a week and a half ago to check back in roughly a month later to see whether reopening or hunkering down was the right call.  I can quote the original if you’d like.  Reopening was clearly the answer.  

I'd like to see what "You're not white if you don't vote for Trump said"... and dems don't have a problem with Biden sayin this... LOL!!! What racists!!!   ?

Edited by thor

We're coming out of Memorial Day weekend, and we saw many regulations relaxed in many parts of the country. As you were watching that, what are you predicting in terms of what we could see by the end of summer?

If you look at all of the models out there — and most models have been relatively accurate — a few of them have been too optimistic. But then, if you sort of look at the models of models — the ones that really sort of combine it all and put it together and make projections — the projections are that we're probably going to see 70,000 to 100,000 deaths between now and the end of the summer.

While the pace will slow down, because we are doing some amount of social distancing and testing is ramping up — we're going to, unfortunately, see a lot more sickness and, unfortunately, a lot more deaths in the upcoming months.

And I've been thinking about where we go into the future and fall and reminding myself and others that we're early in this outbreak. We're not anywhere near done.

I guess I’ll take Clay Travis and Merc’s understanding over Ashish K. Jha 

appointed as the Dean of the Brown University School of Public Health. He is an American health scholar, the K.T. Li Professor of Global Health Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Director of the Harvard Global Health Institute. His research centers on improving the quality and cost of health care, focusing on the impact of public health policy.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

We're coming out of Memorial Day weekend, and we saw many regulations relaxed in many parts of the country. As you were watching that, what are you predicting in terms of what we could see by the end of summer?

If you look at all of the models out there — and most models have been relatively accurate — a few of them have been too optimistic. But then, if you sort of look at the models of models — the ones that really sort of combine it all and put it together and make projections — the projections are that we're probably going to see 70,000 to 100,000 deaths between now and the end of the summer.

While the pace will slow down, because we are doing some amount of social distancing and testing is ramping up — we're going to, unfortunately, see a lot more sickness and, unfortunately, a lot more deaths in the upcoming months.

And I've been thinking about where we go into the future and fall and reminding myself and others that we're early in this outbreak. We're not anywhere near done.

I guess I’ll take Clay Travis and Merc’s understanding over Ashish K. Jha 

appointed as the Dean of the Brown University School of Public Health. He is an American health scholar, the K.T. Li Professor of Global Health Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Director of the Harvard Global Health Institute. His research centers on improving the quality and cost of health care, focusing on the impact of public health policy.

You lost homie.  It’s ok.  If you come at the King you best not miss. ???

6 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Dude your reading comprehension is way off. I was talking about the spread of the virus. I said before our conversation we had to reopen and that we will reopen. It is the manner in which we reopen that matters and how it is handled by the government, the states, and the people as to the extent of the damage. I said we can check back in a month on if it is being handled properly or not to see the true extent of the human toll. 

Im not sure why this is hard for you to understand. 

Someone clearly has an inability to read. 

On 5/14/2020 at 1:56 AM, Mercalius said:

I felt that way looooong before Musk said it.  In fact I think one of my big controversial posts came a day before he even went back on the JRP.  The numbers don’t, and haven’t, justified the continued freak out.  My parents are in their 60s.  I still have a grandparent.  I’d personally prefer she still wait it out a couple more weeks, but this virus isn’t the doomsday clock it’s being painted out to be.  With every passing day, you’re seeing more and more states confirm that.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:18 AM, IsntLifeFunny said:

So, when these states you speak of spike again and the death toll for Americans reaches into the 100’s of thousands will you come back and admit you’re a hack? At least be like the senator who said it’s a tradeoff. 

As I said several times, it’s a tradeoff we have to make, and hopefully we make it properly by boosting our testing capacity, contact tracing, and isolation, that the tradeoff leads to as little fatalities as possible. 

This isn’t a game, dum dum. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Dude your reading comprehension is way off. I was talking about the spread of the virus. I said before our conversation we had to reopen and that we will reopen. It is the manner in which we reopen that matters and how it is handled by the government, the states, and the people as to the extent of the damage. I said we can check back in a month on if it is being handled properly or not to see the true extent of the human toll. 

Im not sure why this is hard for you to understand. 

:stockup:

This sounds like a reasonable response  --- seems like it's up to how the people handle things --- death toll should drop with no retirement homes to screw over unless they are missing something about how deadly it could be for under 50 year olds… Older people and those with physical problems still need to stay home and be careful...   ?

I don't buy into any of the "napolean syndrome" dem governor crap however...  ?    ?

Edited by thor