Sign in to follow this  
Makaveli

Interesting, hopefully AJ Brown moves us up.

I find it pretty odd how Derrick Mason is the Ravens all time leading receiver, but played for us longer and isn't ours. Dude obviously hit his stride late lol.

100478121_2623447197877987_6406942486563913728_o.png

Edited by Makaveli

21 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

I find it pretty odd how Derrick Mason is the Ravens all time leading receiver, but played for us longer and isn't ours. Dude obviously hit his stride late lol.

100478121_2623447197877987_6406942486563913728_o.png

Because the ravens have not been around that long and we still have the oilers history  if thd browns were attached to the ravens it would be ozzie.

7 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not being able to throw the ball is a tradition in Chicago.  That is why they drafted Trubisky instead of Mahommes or Watson and traded up to make sure they got their guy.

I knew they wouldn't top the list of anything, but I would have thought that at some point in their history, someone would have outreceived Kenny Britt.

2 hours ago, Callidus said:

Because the ravens have not been around that long and we still have the oilers history  if thd browns were attached to the ravens it would be ozzie.

Right, but that has nothing to do with what I said. He was still an Oiler/Titan longer than being a Raven

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure what your point is.  Mason had four straight 1000+ yard seasons before leaving the Titans and the year before that he had almost 900 yards.  He is the one guy we should have done everything we could to retain.  He ended up with over 12000 yards for his career.  

Im not dissing DMase. He is one of my all time favorite players. Quit getting so emotional about stuff lol.

Edited by Makaveli

13 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Right, but that has nothing to do with what I said. He was still an Oiler/Titan longer than being a Raven

Im not dissing DMase. He is one of my all time favorite players. Quit getting so emotional about stuff lol.

It has everything to do with what you’re talking about. Over double the length of the teams history is pretty much all that matters when it comes to finding an all time historical player for the franchise. 

as he said, If the ravens go through “their” whole history, he is on neither list

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It has everything to do with what you’re talking about. Like triple or quadruple the length of the teams history is pretty much all that matters when it comes to finding an all time historical player for the franchise. 

as he said, If the ravens go through “their” whole history, he is on neither list

Dude I'm talking about the length of time he played for each individual franchise, not the length of time each franchise had been around...Sheesh lol.

18 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Dude I'm talking about the length of time he played for each individual franchise, not the length of time each franchise had been around...Sheesh lol.

The point is in the record books if when a team moved it always kept it's old records like we did then he would not be on the list for either team. If teams did not keep old records when they moved then he would be tops on our list and the ravens I think. Being the only player for 2 teams.

It all depends on how they keep track on the books.

Edited by Callidus

Three of these guys are still playing and for these teams.

Then throw in that Rice had quite a few more seasons after the 9ers - those numbers aren't on this list.  

Lol First of all I'm not talking about what you're pointing out.

I'm just saying Derrick Mason played for us more years and didn't surpass Givens.

I could careless what he did for the Ravens. But I'm pointing out his production for them in less years. Ravens have had some pretty solid wideouts over the years. If you do the Math he clearly would have passed givens had he played the same amount of years with them as us.

I understand we kept our records and history from The Oiler days. 

50 minutes ago, Callidus said:

The point is in the record books if when a team moved it always kept it's old records like we did then he would not be on the list for either team. If teams did not keep old records when they moved then he would be tops on our list and the ravens I think. Being the only player for 2 teams.

It all depends on how they keep track on the books.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It has everything to do with what you’re talking about. Over double the length of the teams history is pretty much all that matters when it comes to finding an all time historical player for the franchise. 

Edited by Makaveli

I imagine AJ Brown breaks into our all time leading WR by the second year of his extension. 

if him and RT continue to develop together and play at a high level for the next 4-5 years then I expect Brown to average 1200 yards a year with maybe few 1400 yard seasons. I think we see that jump in production this year with around 70–80 catches and 1200 yards. He will def get 10+ TD bc his size, and physicality will win more than it wouldn’t in the red zone and with the way he runs through tacklers I imagine he will carry a few DB’s into the endzone with him this year. 

I’m eager to see if Davis will play like the 5th overall pick which he has shown so much promise and so many signs he will be, but injuries and inconsistent QB play have hampered him. The fact he has 900 yards with Mariota and Gabbert in 2018 and how he always torches Gilmore should account for something.