Team expectations for 2020

kyle021

I know I have made two posts regarding Brown and Evans, but what are your expectations this year?

I expect a better pass rush, and more of a passing offense with RT, and our WR’s and TE having continuum but I expect the defense to be better with Beasley, Fulton stepping in and Simmons taking a bigger role and better depth at OLB in Correa, Walker, Roberson, and Gilbert. Don’t sleep on De’Andre Walker who will be a huge shot in the arm for pass rushing situations. I think he puts up some impressive sacks and stats.

I think Hooker might take over at SS at some point on passing downs making Vacarro a run down SS. I also think it’s reasonable to think Jackson has that breakout year interception wise and Fulton surprises a lot of people as to why he didn’t go round 1 like a lot of mocks suggested. He was my #2 or #3 CB ahead of all the guys except Okudah and Gladney that went round 1. I thought he was a top 20 lock. 

I think we win the AFCS for the first time since 08. 

The Titans will be good but I'm not convinced they are any better than last year.  They made some good additions but they've also had some big losses who will be replaced by rookies.

The division really depends on the Colts.  The Jags are still not good and the Texans took a big step back imo with the loss of Hopkins.  So the real question is: How good are the Colts really? 

I know many on here think Rivers is done and if he is, the Titans will easily win the division.  I'm not convinced it will be that easy.  I think the Colts give the Titans a pretty good run for the top spot in the division but the Titans are better team and SHOULD have a home playoff game this year.  

When you get to the AFCCG the previous season, it’s Super Bowl or bust.  anything less is regression. That’s why I think it’s critical they lock down Clowney. Lack of pass rush cost them a trip to the SB in 2019 and they are yet to improve that front. In fact, it could be argued that it’s been downgraded. 

I think the biggest issue for me is that you just don’t repeat that level of efficiency on offense from both the QB and RB. That run Henry makes at the end of the year just doesn’t happen very often and almost never happens 2x for a RB. We controlled the offense the QB ran well and that’s all good. But you see these PA offenses have some great play from the QB and it never quite reaches that level again. 

I still see no way we replace Casey on that front 7 unless we have Clowney to add in to the mix. 

We still don’t have a kicker or backup QB. 

We could overcome all of that but as Allen said, anything but winning the AFC is pretty much a regression

I expect a better reg season record. I expect the D to take a step back with vrabel calling plays. I think the offense will open up more but won’t necessarily be as efficient. 

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

When you get to the AFCCG the previous season, it’s Super Bowl or bust.  anything less is regression. That’s why I think it’s critical they lock down Clowney. Lack of pass rush cost them a trip to the SB in 2019 and they are yet to improve that front. In fact, it could be argued that it’s been downgraded. 

I agree.  Simmons is a nice piece, but I don't like putting too much into the idea he becomes a pro bowl player this year.  More help inside will relieve him of having to be Casey's replacement with less than a season of play in the NFL.

The expectations should be consistency, a division leader with a division playoff spot. The key thing to watch for should be consistency. That is something this franchise has not had since the George/McNair Era. Even last year the team was up and down. Most of this was Mariota's fault but we lost a lot of players and staff in the offseason so that will be the real test. If the team plays consistent solid ball all season but fails to make it to the Conf Championship I would still consider the season as a solid sign things are going in the right direction. 

win the division...I don't think that not making the superbowl is a disappointment.  I don't think what happens in the playoffs is that important.

We need to control the division for a few years and get those top seeds to maximize or opportunities to win it all. 

Expectations are clearly to win the division and contend for the SB. Obviously we need to see how training camp goes and how healthy they enter the season

My expectations are that we win the division and are SB contenders. 

The biggest question mark to me is the defense. Losing Casey, Ryan and Pees is huge. This board may be calling for Vrabels head if the defense starts losing us games. 

Archived