Will AJ Brown put up bigger numbers and progress or will he regress?

kyle021

With all of the hype, the cat is out of the bag, so to speak.  I expect him to get double-teamed a lot, so his numbers may actually decline.  Perfect chance for Davis, Humphries, Smith, and Firkser to shine instead.

Edited by Denali

Teams only have 11 guys playing D.  If they double up on Brown and stack the box, Tanny is going to have some easy targets.

Triplets is fun.

Edited by Number9

I want to see Smith open the offense up, and Henry get around 250-280 carries and Evans around 100-120 carries with Tannehill throwing anywhere from 520-580 passes

if we can balance the offense out like that and allow Tannehill more freedom to sling the ball then Brown May see around 80-100 catches in all honesty and if he sees 100 catches then we are looking at 13-1400 yards and double digit touchdowns and 4K passing yards from RT

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans offense is not going to have a high volume of pass attempts. The pass catchers are not going to compile a lot of stats.

Remember that Brown had to average over 20 yds per catch to reach 1000 yards

I think they'll open it up a small bit more. They don't have a retard at QB and Henry was on one of the greatest stretches ever to finish the year

I agree with @WG53. His production will increase in catches but likely regress to the mean in YAC. His yards per reception is 20--damn good. 

If you work the numbers, he will be about where he is now with higher TD's and more receptions. BUT I'm thinking he IMPROVES. IF he increases his receptions and doesn't regress on YAC, we're looking at 1248 yds and 10 TD. If his targets go up significantly from 84 to say 120 (still not close to highest) like other premium receivers, AND he doesn't regress on YAC: 1536 yds 13 tds. I don't think that scenario is out of the question with his talent, but you gotta expect that with higher receptions, YAC and catch % will go down. 

1392 yds and 11 td would be a fantastic year, and given his offseason workout schedule -- I would NOT bet against him hitting that. 

Read this long article if you want to know the probable answer:

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/nfl-player-profile/will-aj-brown-keep-balling-out-2020

The short answer is yes. His numbers last year were nearly unparalleled for any rookie WR, especially in an offense like Tennessee runs.