Sign in to follow this  
kyle021

Will AJ Brown put up bigger numbers and progress or will he regress?

It’s not often a rookie WR steps into The nfl and has the stamina, and strength to be able to play a full nfl schedule. It’s not often WR’s come in at 6’1 and 230lb and run a 4.4 and have smooth routes and feel for the game of a 5 year vet. It’s rare they come in and post 52 catches for 1050+ yards and 8 TD but Brown came in and did so...

what should we expect from him this year? More catches almost the same yardage? Same YAC or YPC? Double digit TD’s?

Regression?

i think he explodes this year for around 1250 yards on 80 catches and puts up 10 TD’s. The 20 YPC and 8 YAC won’t exist but it’ll still be impressive and his game as a whole will take more flight. That’s my expectation. 

1 hour ago, kyle021 said:

It’s not often a rookie WR steps into The nfl and has the stamina, and strength to be able to play a full nfl schedule. It’s not often WR’s come in at 6’1 and 230lb and run a 4.4 and have smooth routes and feel for the game of a 5 year vet. It’s rare they come in and post 52 catches for 1050+ yards and 8 TD but Brown came in and did so...

what should we expect from him this year? More catches almost the same yardage? Same YAC or YPC? Double digit TD’s?

Regression?

i think he explodes this year for around 1250 yards on 80 catches and puts up 10 TD’s. The 20 YPC and 8 YAC won’t exist but it’ll still be impressive and his game as a whole will take more flight. That’s my expectation. 

Teams are going to sell out against Henry more. I think he absolutely takes a step forward, and your assessment sounds right. We have to remember this is a full year with NFL experience and experience with Tanny. Hope to see big things from the guy. 

2 minutes ago, WG53 said:

He'll have more catches but less ypc this year barring injuries.

Shouldn't it be ypr? I see this all the time and it is easy to figure out because of the names, but it seems odd we use ypc for rushes and catches.

Just now, Callidus said:

Shouldn't it be ypr? I see this all the time and it is easy to figure out because of the names, but it seems odd we use ypc for rushes and catches.

Yards per carry. 

Yards per catch.

Just need to read which context or say per reception. Not something I worry about but I get it can get confusing sometimes. 

Just now, WG53 said:

Yards per carry. 

Yards per catch.

Just need to read which context or say per reception. Not something I worry about but I get it can get confusing sometimes. 

I said that. I know which is which by the context I just was saying why do people not use ypc and ypr. We get all kinds of dumb things like this that are easy to figure out just a slight annoyance trying to figure out which of the 3 mm we are talking about. Also ypc and ypc can get confusing if we were talking about a receiving back or something. Just a suggestion. 

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If I were a betting man I would predict him to catch the shit out of 98 balls for 1490 yards and between 4 to 9 touchdowns.

Good thing you are not a betting man. 98 catches would be somewhere around 20-25% of our passing game.

I like AJ Brown and think he'll be a good receiver.  I have a hard time seeing him get to 1200 yards in this offense though.  I think he likely takes a small step back.

9 hours ago, kyle021 said:

Regression?

Have to agree. Dude is absolutely driven to be great. All he needs is more opportunities. Any guy that catches 1000 balls a day in the offseason tells you all you need to know about his work ethic. The only thing that will hold him back is our offense. But I'd expect 1200 yards and 10+ TDs. 

Edited by Supdawg

The sky is the limit for AJB He feels snubbed for not winning the Rookie of the Year (which he should have because murray wasn’t even the best rookie at his position and AJB was the best rookie WR and led the whole NFL in multiple stats.) I think he’s more motivated than ever. Barring injury I could see 1200-1400 yards and 10+ TDs 

The Titans offense is not going to have a high volume of pass attempts. The pass catchers are not going to compile a lot of stats.

Remember that Brown had to average over 20 yds per catch to reach 1000 yards

It's pretty rare for good players to take a step back in year two.   AJ will obviously get a lot more attention from opposing defenses, and I doubt he'll have the number of big plays he had last year....but I find it unlikely that his overall production will decrease.