Where would you rank our receivers?

This is a hard one, but every team ranked below the Titans looked bad.  Makes me think high teens is more appropriate.  Humphries and Jonnu didn't receive enough credit.

These arbitrary rankings are pointless and often baseless.  The QB on the team averaged  over 9 YPA, let the league in QB rating, and completed 70% of his attempts.  It doesn't sound like he was working with a bad receiving group to me.  They were close to the top of the league in catch % and had some of the best receivers in terms of YAC.

Edited by abc2330

I would say around the 16th-23rd spot is where we should be sitting. 

if Davis and Humphries were balling outline we thought they would when we paid them or drafted them as high as we did along with Brown then we would be top 3-5 no doubt. 

if Davis can play up to his talent (He could be the next TO if he took the next step) and Humphries settles into his role as the slot guy that gets you 8-13 yards a catch 7-8 times a game then this group would be one of the leagues best. Especially when you throw in Smith and Evans production.

On paper this group should be among the best but on Sunday’s they aren’t. 

2 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

if Davis and Humphries were balling outline we thought they would when we paid them or drafted them as high as we did along with Brown then we would be top 3-5 no doubt. 

if Davis can play up to his talent (He could be the next TO if he took the next step) and Humphries settles into his role as the slot guy that gets you 8-13 yards a catch 7-8 times a game then this group would be one of the leagues best. Especially when you throw in Smith and Evans production.

On paper this group should be among the best but on Sunday’s they aren’t. 

Both were hurt last year and davis had no practice with tanny.

13 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

On paper this group should be among the best but on Sunday’s they aren’t

So why are Tannehill's numbers suddenly so much better, if we have an average-below average receiving unit?  

17 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

So why are Tannehill's numbers suddenly so much better, if we have an average-below average receiving unit?  

Dont worry in 2month he will do a mock stats for the season and if you add it all up we will have 5400 passing yards and 45tds. 

33 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Probably due to the receivers being better than average, and the fact we run very well and that opens up huge passing lanes and we take advantage with PA

I don't know the receiving talent throughout the entire league, but I think there's a big difference between talent and fit.  The Titans have a talented group that plays as a unit.  They are there for Tannehill to run the Titans offense.  Whereas the Cleveland receivers are very talented, but how do they fit their offense?  Landry and OBJ,  Same position as AJB and Corey Davis.  Davis' blocking is a real asset to the Titans offense.  How much blocking is OBJ going to do?  Hooper and Njoku.  That's a lot of premo talent at a position that usually doesn't have two elites.

Edited by Number9

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I don't know the receiving talent throughout the entire league, but I think there's a big difference between talent and fit.  The Titans have a talented group that plays as a unit.  They are there for Tannehill to run the Titans offense.  Whereas the Cleveland receivers are very talented, but how do they fit their offense?  Landry and OBJ,  Same position as AJB and Corey Davis.  Davis' blocking is a real asset to the Titans offense.  How much blocking is OBJ going to do?  Hooper and Njoku.  That's a lot of premo talent at a position that usually doesn't have two elites.

I respect the hell out of davis for his blocking. Reminds me of ward from the steelers. He has no problem being his nose bloody. I mighthate the steelers but that guy was a great asset. 

1 hour ago, reo said:

with this offense, I'd rank them as much less relevant than other teams WRs.

Idk... the lock doen may affect any substantial tweaking of the offense, but Arthur has a whole ass season under his belt in which he coached in the AFCC. And he'll have had a whole off-season, limited as it may be, cooking stuff up for Tannehill. Not to mention the fact we drafted a RB who might actually be a threat catching balls out of the backfield or maybe even in routes.

We're still going to run the shit out of the ball, but even 50% seems like a lot in today's NFL.