Week 1 @ Denver

kyle021

This game excites me and would actually make me want to crap my pants if it were midseason. I say that bc at midseason I expect the Broncos to really get going and I would also expect our team to still be figuring out RT depending if Kelly was good enough to keep the job or Wilson was ready, or Wilson has to play bc Kelly has been dreadful after a good start and now a bad few weeks. It could’ve been Wilson’s first or second game by that time and his first test would be Miller

either way I’m optimistic facing them On a MNF game in week one at Denver. I just hope one thing gets improved by then and we will either be surprised or comfortable with our kicking game. Kicking in Denver is difficult to say the least, but dude we were awful last year. Joseph has the power to be able to kick long ones in Denver, but has he improved accuracy wise? We better hope so, especially for this game. 

I think Drew Lock has a difficult day. He is getting used to his weapons in Jeudy, Hamler, and Gordon who are also getting used to the NFL and one their own team. Defensively they made changes, but ones that are with vets or new corners. The Vets will ease in and their corners know what to do. Usually corners succeed the best and earliest when traded. 

We will hold the upper deck by returning 110/11 starters on offense due to the RT position, and 9/11 starters on defense due to Beasley taking over Wake and Fulton over Ryan. I thought we actually upgraded and Fulton benefits with an entire group of the main 4 starters returning. Fulton has everything you want, plus he is knowledgeable , extremely athletic and has great ball skills and plenty of college experience against the best of the best. Beasley is comparable to Wake rushing the passer, maybe not as good in the run, but young, athletic, motivated, and experience and he will get better teaching from Vrabel/Bowden. I think Simmons and Jackson have themselves breakout years and they start this game. 

The Broncos will get pass happy, and pay for it, and hopefully by that point Brown, Davis, Humphries and Smith will get going on offense and Henry will have already dropped 60-70 on them and a few TD’s going into half. 

I think we win this game 31-17

Edited by kyle021

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I saw a stat that the Broncos are something like 50-11 in opening home games going back so far, altitude related 

With 11 days between the last preseason game and the opener vs Denver, I wonder if they might travel out there a few days early to adjust to the altitude.

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

With 11 days between the last preseason game and the opener vs Denver, I wonder if they might travel out there a few days early to adjust to the altitude.

Like when Fisher tried to figure out the solution to Seattle beating us every year.  There has to be a key.

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I saw a stat that the Broncos are something like 50-11 in opening home games going back so far, altitude related 

There is another even more daunting stat, since 2001 when they opened their new Mile High Stadium the Broncos are 21-2 at home in the first two weeks of the regular season.

36 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There is another even more daunting stat, since 2001 when they opened their new Mile High Stadium the Broncos are 21-2 at home in the first two weeks of the regular season.

One of those losses was last year...

And the other was in the same window as the Titans game (late Monday night game in week 1, 2011 vs Oakland).

Edited by scine09

11 minutes ago, reb9000tn said:

We have our core of players. The only intangible will be losing Conklin and how they address that.  Tanne has experience now, and weapons. If we can sign Clowney (or someone near him) we should be decent on Defense. Doubtful a rookie picks us apart, although we have no tape on him. He certainly won't have chemistry, so it's either dink and dunk or bombs. We should get a pick or two. Pressure is on them at home too. Casey may give them a little info, but not enough to hurt. Hope he hasn't adjusted to the altitude. Practice is one thing. A game another. 

I think us losing casey is worse than them having him. I expect our defense to not be the same. All he can tell then about is players tendencies.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, OILERMAN said:

Not quite. Denver has gone 45-14-1 in their opening home games since the team started in 1960.