Sign in to follow this  
Makaveli

Reeled this in couple days ago

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Carp are scavengers and eat shit off the bottom and supposedly taste like shit

Lol That's why you have to know what you're doing when you fix them. I know a guy that can fix them up and it taste pretty good. Just takes more time. 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:40 PM, ManningEnvy said:

image.png.3e6ffe78458e7cdeb994f0c9dd0aa52e.png

Hey OMan, it doesn't take much to figure out Touched The Tards recipe for marinating carp.

Lolol this actually made me laugh. 

On 5/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, OILERMAN said:

Carp are scavengers and eat shit off the bottom and supposedly taste like shit

Yes, carp is considered a trash fish.  Do not eat that thing.  They can get huge and can live in nasty water. 

My carp in my pond has really helped out with the grass. The grass would take over and ypu couldnt fish but now the carp are over 20 years old and weigh 45lbs a piece. No doubt the state record is in there. Theyre hybid is why they are so big, they cant reproduce. 

34 minutes ago, headhunter said:

My carp in my pond has really helped out with the grass. The grass would take over and ypu couldnt fish but now the carp are over 20 years old and weigh 45lbs a piece. No doubt the state record is in there. Theyre hybid is why they are so big, they cant reproduce. 

Our lake was the same, so much moss etc. They really cleaned it up and keep it clean of course. But to many can be bad for the other fish.

There is an Eagle & hawks that live by our lake and it's snatched some nice bass from the water. I mean thats natural, but the fish are sitting duck basically because they have to grass cover because the carp.

I think there are at least 15 carp in our lake and they have been in there some time. They say they can't reproduce in ponds and lakes, but there are small carp As well. We havent put new carp in for over 20 years. I wonder what the deal is lol. 

Edited by Makaveli

26 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Our lake was the same, so much moss etc. They really cleaned it up and keep it clean of course. But to many can be bad for the other fish.

There is an Eagle & hawks that live by our lake and it's snatched some nice bass from the water. I mean thats natural, but the fish are sitting duck basically because they have to grass cover because the carp.

I think there are at least 15 carp in our lake and they have been in there some time. They say they can't reproduce in ponds and lakes, but there are small carp As well. We havent put new carp in for over 20 years. I wonder what the deal is lol. 

Thats a good question. How many small carp are in there?