tgo

Mike Singletary Fired As High School Coach

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

No way in hell he loses 21 out of 22 games, unless he had some sorry ass players. 

Yeah that school probably has shit players. That record is nearly impossible in HS football 

Memphis Express were one of the worst teams in the AAF. Tampa is right though he will be a coach again because "diversity"

43 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Memphis Express were one of the worst teams in the AAF. Tampa is right though he will be a coach again because "diversity"

It ain't about diversity if he gets another HC position which I highly doubt, but it will be because they hire the same coaches over and over.  HC here, get fired for sucking, get a coordinator job next day.  Two three years later, back HC again.

Here's a great story for you younger guys.. I was at the Houston Oilers HQ during the 1981 draft, with a number of fans in their parking lot..there was no draft on television and cable barely existed then..for some reason Singletary was at the Oilers HQ that day and  but we all saw the disappointment on Singletary's face when he was chosen in the 2nd round by the Bears..he literally sat on the sidewalk and was very upset, and I assumed that was because the Bears were terrible then.. as it turns out the Oilers were going into a losing period also ..something I'll always remember..

Edited by Nash

I bet he kicked the best players off the team for chewing gum just to set an example for the others.

Or the school fired “their guy” to bring in a name. High school football isn’t really about scheme. It’s more about morale and motivation.  You can’t win if no one wants to compete. 

Trinity Christian Academy in Addison, TX. Small Christian school that is more academic driven. They suck in all sports. Always have. My ex's boy went there for a few years. If you hate Christian's, this would be a good place to start. Alot of great families, but the ones that were bad, were really bad.  One guy was a deacon(?) at a local mega church who taught bible study, that ended up sleeping with his secretary. 

I looked at the scores and Singletary won his first game and then lost every other one.