Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
patsplat

Researchers: Nearly Half Of Accounts Tweeting About Coronavirus Are Likely Bots [npr]

Recommended Posts

Researchers: Nearly Half Of Accounts Tweeting About Coronavirus Are Likely Bots

Nearly half of the Twitter accounts spreading messages on the social media platform about the coronavirus pandemic are likely bots, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University said Wednesday.  Researchers culled through more than 200 million tweets discussing the virus since January and found that about 45% were sent by accounts that behave more like computerized robots than humans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/20/859814085/researchers-nearly-half-of-accounts-tweeting-about-coronavirus-are-likely-bots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Researchers: Nearly Half Of Accounts Tweeting About Coronavirus Are Likely Bots

Nearly half of the Twitter accounts spreading messages on the social media platform about the coronavirus pandemic are likely bots, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University said Wednesday.  Researchers culled through more than 200 million tweets discussing the virus since January and found that about 45% were sent by accounts that behave more like computerized robots than humans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/20/859814085/researchers-nearly-half-of-accounts-tweeting-about-coronavirus-are-likely-bots 

It’s more like 25% and then 25% are Trump supporters, and then the rest regardless of political affiliation have a brain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s more like 25% and then 25% are Trump supporters, and then the rest regardless of political affiliation have a brain. 

The analysis was based on posting frequency, followers, and other behavioral signatures that have nothing to do with political affiliation.  There's basically a world's worth of miss-information out there for people to fall into if they aren't discerning.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, patsplat said:

The analysis was based on posting frequency, followers, and other behavioral signatures that have nothing to do with political affiliation.  There's basically a world's worth of miss-information out there for people to fall into if they aren't discerning.
 

The 25% Trump supporters don’t have a brain. They of course post like bots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s more like 25% and then 25% are Trump supporters, and then the rest regardless of political affiliation have a brain. 

At this point there is no difference between most Trump supporters and a mindless bot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

The 25% Trump supporters don’t have a brain. They of course post like bots. 

 

Just now, begooode said:

At this point there is no difference between most Trump supporters and a mindless bot. 

Look at how similar these posts are. Maybe we are the bots and it’s been 4d chess the whole time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All fucking around aside, I doubt the veracity of these studies because I seriously doubt the researchers have ever been to places like Breitbart or their offshoots and seen how despairingly stupid these people are every single day. Yeah, bots exist, and they’ve been used with precision to jolt the idiots into saying something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The 25% Trump supporters don’t have a brain. They of course post like bots. 

This is beyond being uninteresting and repetitive.

 

Using a so-called bot-hunter tool, researchers flagged accounts that tweet more than is humanly possible or claim to be in multiple countries within a few hours' period.

 

Our native trolls aren't posting in this manner.  But their followers are probably packed full of this BS, leading to the hysterical behavior we see on TitansReport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, patsplat said:

This is beyond being uninteresting and repetitive.

 

Using a so-called bot-hunter tool, researchers flagged accounts that tweet more than is humanly possible or claim to be in multiple countries within a few hours' period.

 

Our native trolls aren't posting in this manner.  But their followers are probably packed full of this BS, leading to the hysterical behavior we see on TitansReport.

Stop being so serious. I fully understand how bots have been used to push this wave. Seriously though, the idiots who eat it up are stupid. 
 

Have you seen the study showing the guy who started a disinformation campaign and became successful at it? He said he tried to inculcate himself into the left wing blog and comment sphere and it simply didn’t work, because people who understand logic know you should fact check and cross-reference sources. That was the joke amigo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Using a so-called bot-hunter tool, researchers flagged accounts that tweet more than is humanly possible or claim to be in multiple countries within a few hours' period.

 

Hold my calls!!

 

image.jpeg.1e5dad8efc531115d3efe946ff269861.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

All fucking around aside, I doubt the veracity of these studies because I seriously doubt the researchers have ever been to places like Breitbart or their offshoots and seen how despairingly stupid these people are every single day. Yeah, bots exist, and they’ve been used with precision to jolt the idiots into saying something. 

How the hell would you know??? You and your merry band of idiots have been swilling down lies for years and now everyone should believe the Russian Collusion, Green New Deal, anti-American, socialist, MSM idiots??? Yeah right!!! LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

All fucking around aside, I doubt the veracity of these studies because I seriously doubt the researchers have ever been to places like Breitbart or their offshoots and seen how despairingly stupid these people are every single day. Yeah, bots exist, and they’ve been used with precision to jolt the idiots into saying something. 


People at Carnegie Mellon are way too smart to truly comprehend the sheer stupidity of the Trumptards. Our sports program is shit, but we have the best nerds around...

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...