kyle021

Darrynton Evans Expectations and Predictions

I think he will see the offense quite a bit. Probably about 75% off pass downs and around 35% of run downs. 

I can see him getting 7 carries a game playing about 25% of the game giving Henry the rest he needs, and in the 4th quarter of blowouts I can see Henry getting needed rest for the long haul with Evans getting that extra time. 

I would say

98 rushes - 432 yards - 4 TD

23 catches - 186 yards - 2 TD

Edited by kyle021

125 carries. 5.2 ypc ~650 rushing yard. 4TD

50 catches ~420 yards rec. 3 TD

He'll look good. Should be a great compliment.

We'll try to go back to letting DH share the load a little to save his legs for the playoffs.

I'm comparing to Dion Lewis' first year here and I think he'll be better... and I know DH wasnt playing as well the first half of that year but we are averaging around 450 carries the last two years.

Edited by titanruss

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

125 carries. 5.2 ypc ~650 rushing yard. 4TD

50 catches ~420 yards rec. 3 TD

He'll look good. Should be a great compliment.

We'll try to go back to letting DH share the load a little to save his legs for the playoffs.

I'm comparing to Dion Lewis' first year here and I think he'll be better... and I know DH wasnt playing as well the first half of that year but we are averaging around 450 carries the last two years.

Those would be very solid #2 numbers, something Lewis failed to provide... 

I hope we can get that out of him.

9 hours ago, kyle021 said:

I think he will see the offense quite a bit. Probably about 75% off pass downs and around 35% of run downs. 

I can see him getting 7 carries a game playing about 25% of the game giving Henry the rest he needs, and in the 4th quarter of blowouts I can see Henry getting needed rest for the long haul with Evans getting that extra time. 

I would say

98 rushes - 432 yards - 4 TD

23 catches - 186 yards - 2 TD

So, just for perspective, last year the Titans averaged 28 run plays a game and 28 passing plays a game.  For a total of 56 plays a game.  Based on your percentages, that means Evans would be on the field for 21 pass plays a game and roughly 10 run plays a game, or 31 of the 56 plays.  I can't see him and Henry sharing the backfield too much, so that would mean Henry is only playing about 25 plays a game....or 6 less than Evans.

TLDR - not gonna fucking happen

4 hours ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Those would be very solid #2 numbers, something Lewis failed to provide... 

I hope we can get that out of him.

I think we can if you look at Lewis' workload the last couple of years. Just up the average a bit and we should be good.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.05.01.png

Check this MCM article out on Evans.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/5/16/21251633/everything-you-need-to-know-about-titans-third-round-pick-darrynton-evans

It highlights how he's scheme familiar and a good fit, and how smooth he is catching the ball. His coach mentions how he should be much more productive in the pass game at the next level because they dont ask that of their backs in their offense.

5 minutes ago, Bink said:

I can 100% guarantee we will see his name constantly be spelled incorrectly on this board. 

already wrong in the thread title

Im gonna call him DTE

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I bet by the last 4 weeks the kid will have between 25-45% of RB touches.......

25-45% is definitely an excellent prediction. You covered the absolute side of the fact he’s at least going to get 25% and then went out on a limb for the 45% mark. As long as both are healthy you positively can’t be wrong! 

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

Check this MCM article out on Evans.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/5/16/21251633/everything-you-need-to-know-about-titans-third-round-pick-darrynton-evans

It highlights how he's scheme familiar and a good fit, and how smooth he is catching the ball. His coach mentions how he should be much more productive in the pass game at the next level because they dont ask that of their backs in their offense.

We really don’t ask it of our backs either, which is something I hope changes next year.