tgo

Biden Cabinet: Yellen is Treasury Secretary

Kind of getting the hunch that it may be Roger Ferguson for Treasury - as the lone African American male in the Cabinet. 

But could still very well be Lael Brainard or Janet Yellen. I know Warren supports both of these candidates. 

Ferguson is unique in that he talks a lot about the intersectionality between race and the economy and is a genius. He makes a strong argument that systematic racism in the economy hurts economic growth significantly and causes the economy to be less robust than it should be. 

He was Vice Chair of the Fed under Clinton and Bush and was a Fed governor before that. Currently, he's the president of investment association TIAA and is a Google Board Member. 

Has a BA in economics (Maga Cum Laude), a law degree, and PhD in economics - all from Harvard and also attended Cambridge. He was runner up to Fed Chairman at the time, losing out to Ben Bernanke under Bush. 

Edited by tgo

I've updated the list in the OP for anyone interested. I feel good about the options being accurate, I may miss one here or there but we'll see. 

And the more I think about it - the more I think we should find a way to get Bernie in the cabinet. It would go a long way to gaining credibility with progressives and keeping them on Biden's side, because they're going to be pissed about a few cabinet members and advisors. 

Edited by tgo

On 11/12/2020 at 2:09 AM, ctm said:

Klain was magna cum laude Harvard law.  Nice to have someone competent in charge.

It's sad that this isn't the standard bar to clear.

Jake Sullivan was Biden’s National Security Advisor as VP for a time, and was Obama’s Director of Policy Planning.

He was then Hillary’s top foreign policy advisor. 

This choice means that Avril Haines will likely be CIA Director or DNI. 

Edited by tgo