Biden Cabinet: Confirmation Hearings Underway

tgo

Made a couple updates here. 

I don't think Susan Rice could get through Senate confirmation if Republicans have control, so I switched Blinken and Rice. Rice could be appointed as national security advisor without confirmation. 

As far as Sally Yates, I don't think she could get confirmed so removed her name entirely. Doug Jones is the likely AG. Maybe she would have a shot as deputy AG or in a non confirmation role. 

I added Kasich and Whitman as possible Commerce secretaries - I would not be surprised at all to see either in that role, they're already being vetted. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is really rich coming from a Trump ball licker.

I actually like the barrage of tweets from @tgo. It lets me get a quick 10 minute update on what I missed. 

Honestly, I think it's pervasive in the lower ranks and more nuanced in the upper ranks.  Just like any other facet of life, everyone has bias.  For instance, most of the upper echelons of the Army ar

Posted Images

I'd love to see Sally Yates as AG but it probably wouldn't be an easy sell. They don't need a lot Republican support though. We're talking people like Romney and Collins. I don't see them voting against everyone he puts forth just to stop him from doing anything he wants. 

9 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I don't get the love for Whitman. Seems like she's been a failure since running eBay in 2008.

I kind of doubt that frontrunner for VA is Buttigieg, but maybe. I know he prefers a foreign policy gig (as outlined in the article). VA is a very tricky and heavy management job - I don’t think that best suits Buttigieg at this stage and its also politically risky for him given that its such a tricky scandal ridden org. But at the same time, its his best fit other than UN or NATO ambassador. 

I also am surprised that Vilsack wouldn’t be the favorite for Ag Secretary. I’ll believe it isn’t him when I see it. 

I also don’t see any way that Rice makes it through the Senate for State. 

As for Whitman - I don’t get the big deal with her but I do believe she’s likely the favorite for that post as the token Republican. 

Edited by tgo

Actually a caveat on Vilsack: he may not want to leave his grand kids and family in Iowa to go back to DC for the role. In that case, I could see Heitkamp taking his place.

But Vilsack is one of Biden’s closest, long time allies and lead his campaign’s agriculture policy. 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Whitman was also an advisor to Romney in 2008 and 2012 so that will definitely help there, but yeah she kind of seems to suck. Didn't do well at HP and Quibi was seen as a huge failure.

She has business contacts.... thats the job. 

Any chance former Texas GOP House representative William Hurd can land a meaningful role in Biden's administration?  His pragmatic points on reasonable border security and overall demeanor in representing a diverse district and working in a bipartisan way may be valuable in building coalitions.

1 minute ago, begooode said:

Any chance former Texas GOP House representative William Hurd can land a meaningful role in Biden's administration?  His pragmatic points on reasonable border security and overall demeanor in representing a diverse district and working in a bipartisan way may be valuable in building coalitions.

Not sure what his fit would be in the Cabinet, but he's one of the few decent Republicans. 

• tgo changed the title to Biden Cabinet: Confirmation Hearings Underway