AJB!! NFL Ten Best Pass Catchers

Number9

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.nfl.com   AJB made the list.  A Titans Era To Remember.  It's Happening!   Catch rate: 61.9%. Expected catch rate: 54.7%. Difference: 7.2%. A breakout rookie who to

Too bad that short kid in Arizona led his team to a top 10 pick or else AJB would have won ROTY  

It really feels like the OROY award has basically become the rookie QB of the year award.   I thought AJ deserved it but always realized it was a long shot.   Kyler Murray is a great young p

This is a great reward for AJB.  He came here to play NFL football and he balled his ass off last season.  You throw the ball in his direction and good things are going to happen. He’s putting up eye popping numbers, especially considering his opportunities.  The NFL media is starting to take some notice of our players.  Rarely do any more than two Titans get spotted by the national media.  Jurrell Casey played here at an elite level year after year and was never recognized.

2 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

Now if only our #5 overall pick from 2017 could step up, we’ll be in great shape.

I think we will get a great year from the receivers with AJB leading the way.  Unfortunately for Davis, Humphries and Jonnu Smith will get a lot of looks.  I don't this Davis gets enough targets to make a statement that he's special.  He'll play well, but his stats won't say it.

31 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Too bad that short kid in Arizona led his team to a top 10 pick or else AJB would have won ROTY

It really feels like the OROY award has basically become the rookie QB of the year award.   I thought AJ deserved it but always realized it was a long shot.

Kyler Murray is a great young player  but there were games where AJ Brown completely took over, dominated, and looked like a seasoned vet as opposed to a rookie.  

Edit -  I gotta say to be fair,  I just looked at KM's numbers on the year and they are actually a lot better then o remember.  Still can't really say if he crushed anyone like AJB did as I dont watch many cards games.  Just thought it deserved to be added haha

Edited by VanCityTitan

15 minutes ago, VanCityTitan said:

It really feels like the OROY award has basically become the rookie QB of the year award.   I thought AJ deserved it but always realized it was a long shot.

Kyler Murray is a great young player  but there were games where AJ Brown completely took over, dominated, and looked like a seasoned vet as opposed to a rookie.  

Edit -  I gotta say to be fair,  I just looked at KM's numbers on the year and they are actually a lot better then o remember.  Still can't really say if he crushed anyone like AJB did as I dont watch many cards games.  Just thought it deserved to be added haha

The OROY award really isn't about how a rookie's performance affects his team's success though. Maybe that should factor in, but if a rookie happens to land on a Super Bowl winning team is it really fair if his performance, while good, gets more consideration than another rookie whose seasonal performance way outperformed the guy who got a lucky ride to the top?

I guess that's the logic behind the award. I wouldn't have given it to Murray either, but I'm admittedly biased. But biased or not AJB had a helluva season. The kind of season I thought CD was going to have in 2017. Or in 2018. Or in 2019. Or the kind he's going to have in 2020.

It’s the media ROY and AJB played for the Titans. KM played a lot better than l expected. I just thought he was too short. But he broke me one night playing the 49ers, they barely beat Arizona in a shootout. 

10 hours ago, Number9 said:

Remember Ryan Tannehill's league-leading passer rating? He can thank Brown for much of that,

Tannehill can thank Brown and Henry for the majority of the success he enjoyed last season. Where would he be without those two?

5 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Y'all got this mixed up.  Brown can thank Tanney.

It’s a team sport, Tanny, Henry and AJB both had excellent seasons. The Titans are going to be exciting to watch. I see everybody’s game amping up. They can’t use the no respect label this year.  The Titans are going to have a bullseye on their backs. That’s where Vrabel comes in and teaches what he learned in New England about how to handle teams all jacked up to get a big win off you.  

55 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Tannehill can thank Brown and Henry for the majority of the success he enjoyed last season. Where would he be without those two?

Why was Henry under 4 YPC in the same offense with Mariota for 6 games?

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

13 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

For three years straight,  2013-2015 Tannehill threw for ~4000 yards  (2nd-4th seasons).  He is better now, throws fewer ints (had previously been close to 2 to 1) and thus my expectations are he will easily top the 4000 yard mark providing he stays healthy.  Thus I can see Brown and Davis potentially topping 1000 yards.  Davis should match his 2018 season where he had 65catches for almost 900 yards.  Either way Davis is the wild card because teams have to try and stop Brown or he will destroy them.  Davis has to take advantage.  

I think if he gets over 4000 yards your gonna see 12+ pics from tannehill.

I think it's premature to just say he's better now after just over half a season.   

Tannehill is still a  gunslinger.  Not afraid to take chances or hold the ball too long waiting for something to open up...that's still what scares me about him. 

Especially since we can't seem to pass block and don't see us being much better at it this year.