• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Build a pc that blowes a mac out of the water

Sadly, they all run Windows...

I've had $3000 PC laptops and desktops. Built a $4000 desktop.  Life before serious issues on the laptops was about 1.5 years. The desktops lasted longer but still fucked, froze, crashed programs 50x

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Fuck Macs.  I know on a machine to machine basis, they're superior.  But until business is run on Mac systems, wide scale, the integration is just a pain in the ass.  Fuck Mac.  And that goes for iPhones and any other iShit they can come up with.  Adding to that, there are way too many Mac users who are douchey about it.  And this comes from someone who has to deal with asshole end users and their computer problems.  

Are you retired? This argument died years ago when Microsoft finally released a production grade office suite for Mac. There is no argument for PC over Mac in a work environment. Sure upfront costs are higher but you need way less tech support and you don't have to refresh hardware that often. 

I have 3 macs at home and one for work

Work - Macbook pro 2016 13in

Home - Macbook pro 2019 15in, 2 MacBook air 2020 13in (Kids use these)

It sucks thats MS wont release visio for Mac but I've been using lucidcharts which is AWS based the past few years and it works fine. Sure I can't upgrade my gear like I used to when I was a member of the PC master race but who cares? I don't game anymore anyway. I made the switch to Mac about 4 years ago and wished had done it much earlier. You won't catch me dead with an iPhone though. I hate them with a passion. I'm an android user all the way when it comes to smartphones.

Edited by oldschool

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

If I were the head of IT, there'd be no Macs on the system for the developer to worry about.  Problem solved.

Strangely, most IT people I know would prefer that they were all macs instead. They may like PCs more but given the choice in forcing everyone into an ecosystem.. mac alone is much easier to deal with than only pc or a mixed bag.

55 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Strangely, most IT people I know would prefer that they were all macs instead. They may like PCs more but given the choice in forcing everyone into an ecosystem.. mac alone is much easier to deal with than only pc or a mixed bag.

It's not strange at all. If the workforce all has Macs, the IT people's job is a lot easier with less troubleshooting for the simpletons who can't figure out windows. 

On 5/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, patsplat said:

If we're being honest Nvidia is the only reason to buy a PC.

There’s work arounds. You can flash a nvidia card to work with Mac. I have a Titan X in my Mac Pro Tower. 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:34 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

I swear this thread jinxed my MacBook Pro. Woke up this morning and it wouldn’t turn on or charge. Hoping it’s just a battery issue. 

Whenever that's happened to me it's typically been the chargers. Total pieces of shit apple knows they can leech you on.

6 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Whenever that's happened to me it's typically been the chargers. Total pieces of shit apple knows they can leech you on.

Ya very possible. I was having issues a few nights ago getting it to charge. I ended up finding the right angle. No luck the other morning though. I ordered a new battery and charge to check. 

4 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Ya very possible. I was having issues a few nights ago getting it to charge. I ended up finding the right angle. No luck the other morning though. I ordered a new battery and charge to check. 

If your battery health wasnt an issue before then it probably will be good to just keep that new one as a spare for a bit. I dont know which model you have but my mid 2015 model, changing the battery was annoying because it was glued to the case and you have to douse it with alcohol and dig under to release it.

18 hours ago, titanruss said:

If your battery health wasnt an issue before then it probably will be good to just keep that new one as a spare for a bit. I dont know which model you have but my mid 2015 model, changing the battery was annoying because it was glued to the case and you have to douse it with alcohol and dig under to release it.

Why would Apple glue their laptop batteries to the case? I love my iPhone (I know, many hate them), but Apple does some weird shit sometimes.

3 hours ago, TitansFan23 said:

Why would Apple glue their laptop batteries to the case? I love my iPhone (I know, many hate them), but Apple does some weird shit sometimes.

? They ain't crediting us with much sense.  The X, $1,000.00 and it still has the cord with the six month life span, no gtd.  Oh, you want an iMac.  It's just a $1,000.00 too, but you get a longer cord.  No sorry, it's not going to last either.  Now a lot of people tape them up when they buy them.  Looks tacky though unless you use our iTape kit, 99.99.