Titansffaan

Is the roster better or worse than last season?

We will definitely be faster with Evans as RB 2 and Fulton as CB 3. I think as long as the RT position doesn’t become a swinging gate that talent wise we are better equipped to handle top end teams on both sides of the ball. We will miss the veteran leadership, so that will need to work itself out. 

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned our QB2 situation. Paying Tannehill top dollars and having 2 guys that haven’t played a down in the league is pretty risky! Wonder if they considered Dalton?

11 minutes ago, Titansffaan said:

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned our QB2 situation. Paying Tannehill top dollars and having 2 guys that haven’t played a down in the league is pretty risky! Wonder if they considered Dalton?

We are all in on Tannehill. If he goes down we go down. Thats how it is on majority of teams.

40 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

We are all in on Tannehill. If he goes down we go down. Thats how it is on majority of teams.

Not true at all. Most teams who believe they're in a championship window make the backup QB position a priority 

3 minutes ago, titansfan said:

Not true at all. Most teams who believe they're in a championship window make the backup QB position a priority 

Ya but they arent championship teams without their QB. 49ers back ups were no name QBs they drafted, I cant tell you who Seattle back up is, GB back up is their future starter, Bills have a rookie 5th round back up, Patriots have no one playing QB, Ravens have RG3 who was brought in as an NFL cast off, Steelers showed last year their back ups are a bunch of nobodys, Chiefs have an old ass Chad Henne, Cowboys brought in Dalton because their is a potential hold out with Dak, Texans have Aj McCarron who has been cut by 5 teams. The only championship quality teams that have invested in the back up position are the Saints and Eagles. Jameis begged to be a Saint and took a massive pay cut and Wentz is always hurt so they need the insurance policy in Hurts. Who else is a championship team that has made the back up position a priority and actually filled it with a quality option?

Lets be honest if Tannehill goes down for a few games whats going to happen? We will feed Henry and who our QB is wont matter.

Another thing to note is majority of backup QBs in the league have ties to the coaching staff and scheme. Vrabel and Smith dont have that.

1 hour ago, Titansffaan said:

Well they finished with Mariota as the backup and now they don’t really have anyone. So things are looking up...

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Im not sure how anyone can say its worse.

Our big losses were Conklin and Ryan. We replaced them with younger, cheaper, higher upside players. Casey was on the decline and I dont think his on field contributions will be missed much. Other than those 3 what else did we lose?

Casey.  Since Casey is gone, I see it was the right play.  Still, we haven't replaced his ability.  Casey's heart and leadership will be missed.  I think Vrabel takes care of leadership in a way not many coaches can, but Casey's Titans never quit heart is just gone.  Ryan would have been less of what Ryan was last season.

1 hour ago, Titansffaan said:

Gotta think they have a better plan that hasn't been revealed.  The Titans have too much talent to risk it all collapsing because a QB w/injury history goes down.

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Gotta think they have a better plan that hasn't been revealed.  The Titans have too much talent to risk it all collapsing because a QB w/injury history goes down.

Tannehill has had 2 major injuries in his career. The knee injury took him out of 2016 and he re injured the same knee in 2017 off season. 2018 he had the shoulder injury that was kinda of strange. Dolphins might have been setting up their Tannehill exit by keeping him out.

Other than those injuries he has been pretty durable. I definitely would label him as having a questionable injury history.

15 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Tannehill has had 2 major injuries in his career. The knee injury took him out of 2016 and he re injured the same knee in 2017 off season. 2018 he had the shoulder injury that was kinda of strange. Dolphins might have been setting up their Tannehill exit by keeping him out.

Other than those injuries he has been pretty durable. I definitely would label him as having a questionable injury history.

I am not trying to tag him as injury prone or anything like that.  He has missed games, most all QB will miss some.  If he was an Eli Manning maybe the backups we have would be okay.  I just miss the days of NOD, Billy, Kerry, Matt.  Then we finally got Tanny and he ends up saving the franchise.  I prefer an experienced starter as the backup.

Edited by Number9
GD spell correct ER

I don't like Vrabel calling plays for the defense. But otherwise I think we're about the same or slightly worse. With Clowney were better. 

You see this a lot where a team loses some big pieces in Free Agency but their QB, WR, or OLB take a step forward and it doesn't matter. The chiefs are a good example. 2 years ago they had some amazing edge rushers. They lost both of them but their WR's, QB, and DT all took major steps forward. I think Tannehill, Simmons, and Brown/Davis/Humphreys could help make up for the talent we lost this offseason. But really the only major drop offs from our Conference Championship roster will be Conklin. Our secondary will be better as long as it's healthy. 

3 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Roster is better, but DC is a step back maybe

Dean Pees was trash with his lack of blitzing, I want a much more aggressive scheme because that got us killed vs Mahomes.