Is the roster better or worse than last season?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on the playoff roster, I’d have to say better.   Add Beasley at OLB. Butler replaces Ryan plus they added Fulton. A healthy Humphreys replaces Sharpe. Evans replaces Lewis at RB. Conklin

His stops of the Pats IN THEIR PATCH in the playoffs is already legendary in my mind.  I tend to key on LB and RB play, and it's crazy that the Titans have some of the best of both.  Before he got hurt Brown was practically matching Evans.  Keep everyone healthy, Titans have a good team.

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I recently heard some analytics concerning how well he rushed the passer, very good

I think Vrabel is going to be a more aggressive defensive play caller than Pees was, can see Evans getting more attempts at rushing the passer this year whether that being via Vrabel's favorite diamond formation or straight up blitzes from ILB.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Vrabel is going to be a more aggressive defensive play caller than Pees was, can see Evans getting more attempts at rushing the passer this year whether that being via Vrabel's favorite diamond formation or straight up blitzes from ILB.

My thoughts exactly, I think he's going to be VERY hands-on with the pass rush and dial it up a lot more than in the past couple of seasons.  Loving Evans (especially) and Brown blitzing from inside.  With the personnel there are also a lot of options in Joker formations by adding another LB.

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Evans would be pretty versatile in the diamond. If they sign Clowney then you have 2 top guys who could hypothetically shift to different positions easily. Correa could, too, though obviously he doesn’t have the same skill level.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Evans would be pretty versatile in the diamond. If they sign Clowney then you have 2 top guys who could hypothetically shift to different positions easily. Correa could, too, though obviously he doesn’t have the same skill level.

Very true. I allways got the clowny diamond talk but never thought about how evans could shift and cause chaos himself. 

Edit: and olb who can play de and a ilb who can play olb. Makes for so crazy shit for the other team to plan for.

Edited by Callidus

On 7/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, CharrdWood said:

His stops of the Pats IN THEIR PATCH in the playoffs is already legendary in my mind.  I tend to key on LB and RB play, and it's crazy that the Titans have some of the best of both.  Before he got hurt Brown was practically matching Evans.  Keep everyone healthy, Titans have a good team.

Those were critical plays and his read and react time was amazing on that goal line stand and definitely impacted the outcome of the game. Very reminiscent of Keith Bulluck.

47 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Jonnu Smith already broke out, he's one of the 3 best TEs in the league imo. The problem with the Titan skill people is they are such a low volume passing team they are not going to pile up a bunch of stats.

Jonnu Smith played the traditional inline TE spot, he played H-Back, he lined up in the backfield, he played in the slot and he even played the X WR spot.

He's probably the biggest physical freak on a roster full of physical freaks 

Delaine who?