Titansffaan

Is the roster better or worse than last season?

46 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I stll think, all in all, if we get Clowney than we are better. Without we are worse. Our dline is still significantly weaker and one injury away from being not very good.

I also am not sure if we can catch lightning in a bottle again on offense. On paper we should be slightly better on offense just from experience and the new additions... but doing what Henry did at the end of last season doesnt happen often.. and being as efficient as RT was doesnt happen often.

Why do you think D-line is weaker?

And we are significantly better on offense.  Two of the biggest killers on offense last season were Mariota and Lewis.  Both have been replaced.

6 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Why do you think D-line is weaker?

And we are significantly better on offense.  Two of the biggest killers on offense last season were Mariota and Lewis.  Both have been replaced.

The D-line without Casey or Clowney is weaker than last season. I dont see Lurrell Murch and a slight improvement in Simmons as making up for the loss of Casey. Plus,  if simmons or casey got hurt last year, we could deal because we had the other one. We don't have that depth now.

I do think Murch will be good eventually but this line is worse off this season without casey... unless we get Clowney.

RT started 13 games last season.. I dont think anyone here is talking about the beginning of last season but the end. .. so MM wasnt even in the thought process. Who cares if we are better than the beginning of last season?

Evans should be better than Lewis. AJ and the RG should be even better in year 2.

The rookie RT will very likely be a drop off. We didnt really replace sharpe.

I'll  repeat what I said about the offense earlier.  Yes, they should be more comfortable in the system but....

RT/DH likely take a step back. Rarely does a RB make a run like that.... and RT likely won't produce the same #1 rated efficiency either.

So I don't think we are terribly worse. Better with Clowney, and just barely worse without.

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

The D-line without Casey or Clowney is weaker than last season. I dont see Lurrell Murch and a slight improvement in Simmons as making up for the loss of Casey. Plus,  if simmons or casey got hurt last year, we could deal because we had the other one. We don't have that depth now.

I do think Murch will be good eventually but this line is worse off this season without casey... unless we get Clowney.

RT started 13 games last season.. I dont think anyone here is talking about the beginning of last season but the end. .. so MM wasnt even in the thought process. Who cares if we are better than the beginning of last season?

Evans should be better than Lewis. AJ and the RG should be even better in year 2.

The rookie RT will very likely be a drop off. We didnt really replace sharpe.

I'll  repeat what I said about the offense earlier.  Yes, they should be more comfortable in the system but....

RT/DH likely take a step back. Rarely does a RB make a run like that.... and RT likely won't produce the same #1 rated efficiency either.

So I don't think we are terribly worse. Better with Clowney, and just barely worse without.

I don't agree with most of this take.  Save for a few games, Casey was definitely on the decline.  

I think you're giving too much credit to decline and not enough to the improvements.  Tannehill is the biggest reason.  Even if he declines, he will still be a massive improvement over what we had with MM.  

I definitely think Clowney would obviously make us a better team, but i think it's wrong to assume we are worse to start off.  

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don't agree with most of this take.  Save for a few games, Casey was definitely on the decline.  

I think you're giving too much credit to decline and not enough to the improvements.  Tannehill is the biggest reason.  Even if he declines, he will still be a massive improvement over what we had with MM.  

I definitely think Clowney would obviously make us a better team, but i think it's wrong to assume we are worse to start off.  

Casey came off of at least a torn MCL... everyone forgets that. Those take a year and just at about 1 year ... He turned it on at the end of the year when it mattered and was playing great then. A great leader and pace setter for the flint as well. 

regardless... His value is more than Mirch+Simmon’s improvement amount. 

Quit bringing MM into this. It has nothing to do with it. I’m comparing this team right now to who walked off the field in January. That’s the point of the thread yeah? Are we comparing to this time last year?  Why would we do that? MM wasn’t playing at the end so he’s completely irrelevant as the starting QB discussion. RT was starting.. remember? But if you want to go the MM route.. our backup situation is significantly worse now. 

MM is relevant in the fact we scraped to a 2-4 record with him. We would have easily been 4-2 with Tannehill and looking at a home playoff game. He’s definitely relevant to the conversation. We are better simply because we won’t have a terrible QB out there for over a quarter of the season.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

MM is relevant in the fact we scraped to a 2-4 record with him. We would have easily been 4-2 with Tannehill and looking at a home playoff game. He’s definitely relevant to the conversation. We are better simply because we won’t have a terrible QB out there for over a quarter of the season.

He's not relevant because he didnt start the last 10 game sof the season and the playoffs .

What are we comparing to? The beginning of last season or the end?

Why compare to the beginning? It's not even a thread worth writing in if thats the point.

Compare to how the season ended and that team. It's the only thing that makes sense to do.

17 minutes ago, titanruss said:

He's not relevant because he didnt start the last 10 game sof the season and the playoffs .

Why compare to the beginning? It's not even a thread worth writing in if thats the point.

Compare to how the season ended and that team. It's the only thing that makes sense to do.

Sounds like some are comparing the season and players as a whole, not just the beginning or end of last year, and using record as the measuring factor.  Looking at it player wise from the end of last year, the biggest factor is simply what you think of Casey right now vs how much you think Simmons will improve.  

The bulk of the team is intact and how good it is can be argued by whether you think we overachieved last season or winning in the playoffs is now the norm.

55 minutes ago, titanruss said:

In terms of our ability to make the playoffs we are in much better shape than we were last season for what I’ve already stated. 

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

In terms of our ability to make the playoffs we are in much better shape than we were last season for what I’ve already stated. 

From the beginning of the season? Yeah.. from the end of the season? No.

I think this team can win it all, if we can stay healthy.  This year, how can we?  Jimmy G tests positive for C-19 the day of the NFC Championship.  No team is safe from injury/sickness.  Weird.

11 hours ago, titanruss said:

Casey came off of at least a torn MCL... everyone forgets that. Those take a year and just at about 1 year ... He turned it on at the end of the year when it mattered and was playing great then. A great leader and pace setter for the flint as well. 

regardless... His value is more than Mirch+Simmon’s improvement amount. 

Quit bringing MM into this. It has nothing to do with it. I’m comparing this team right now to who walked off the field in January. That’s the point of the thread yeah? Are we comparing to this time last year?  Why would we do that? MM wasn’t playing at the end so he’s completely irrelevant as the starting QB discussion. RT was starting.. remember? But if you want to go the MM route.. our backup situation is significantly worse now. 

LOL.  Don't patronize me, dude.  I was comparing start of season to start of season.  

22 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

LOL.  Don't patronize me, dude.  I was comparing start of season to start of season.  

Not entirely you weren't. You talk about "except for a few games, casey was on the decline"... which indicates you are talking about ANY point other than the start of the season.

14 hours ago, titanruss said:

Not entirely you weren't. You talk about "except for a few games, casey was on the decline"... which indicates you are talking about ANY point other than the start of the season.

I was just retorting what you had said. 
oh, well. Doesn’t matter. We will see what happens.