Titansffaan

Is the roster better or worse than last season?

Just on paper it's a step back so far. Not a huge one, but definitely a step back. But offensve cohesion and brilliant playcalling from Vrabel on D could make a better team by the end of the year

A lot will depend on Tannehill. If he doesn't improve on last season's performance then we will regress. Of course, signing Clowney will make our defense better, but we had too many close games last season that could have went either way. If the offense isn't at a better level we could easily be 7-9 as opposed to 9-7 or 10-6.

There are a lot of year 2 and 3 players who could take a step forward, some vets returning from injury.  I believe that a lot hinges on how the RT and CB situations go, but I have no reason to believe that the rest of the roster can't show some natural progression.  

I think we are better on offense especially if Evans can be a good contributor behind Henry. Lewis was the worst rb in the NFL last year and it cost us alot of downs. Jonnu smith is 100% instead of recovering from a knee injury. We know what offense we are running now and we have a better QB starting game 1.

On paper, it seems better to me.  The real concerns on whether there will be a major regression in the play of Tannehill and how the new DC does. 

If the Titans don't win double digit games and make the playoffs, it will be an underachievement IMO.

Last year, 9-7.  If we get to 10 wins or better that's progress.  It depends on health, but we are younger.  Winning the division would be serious improvement.  Any team can get hot in the playoffs, we showed everybody that last year.

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

If tanny improves on last year he will have arguably the best season in history.

Also, better level on O? We were scoring 30ppg wtf do you call that?

Yeah, that shit made no sense at all.  How much better does he want Tannehill to play?

Anyway, I'd like us to get off to a good start this year for once.

Im not sure how anyone can say its worse.

Our big losses were Conklin and Ryan. We replaced them with younger, cheaper, higher upside players. Casey was on the decline and I dont think his on field contributions will be missed much. Other than those 3 what else did we lose?

Davis, Saffold and Humpheries will all be in year 2 with us. Jonnu gets an expanded role now. Evans is an upgrade over Lewis. AJ Brown is in year 2. Corey Davis could be healthy.

We added a pass rusher in Beasley, Simmons gets a full offseason, Butler gets healthy and the trio of Brown, Evans and Landry should all continue to improve.

The minor steps back we took in talent by going younger and cheaper will be made up for with all of our core players continuing to progress. Will we duplicate last season? Who knows. Its not easy getting to the AFC Championship and last time I checked there has been only 1 team that has consistently done it the last 20+ years.

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Based on the playoff roster, I’d have to say better.

Add Beasley at OLB. Butler replaces Ryan plus they added Fulton. A healthy Humphreys replaces Sharpe. Evans replaces Lewis at RB. Conklin is a loss at RT, but how much vs Wilson/Kelly remains to be seen. Lost Casey but Simmons should be better than last year. 

Unfortunately you can't go based on the playoff roster.   The playoff roster was short players due to injury, while you are assuming full health now.  

Better. We cut dead weight and added players that are supposed to get us over the hump that held us back last year.

14 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Im not sure how anyone can say its worse.

Our big losses were Conklin and Ryan. We replaced them with younger, cheaper, higher upside players. Casey was on the decline and I dont think his on field contributions will be missed much. Other than those 3 what else did we lose?

Davis, Saffold and Humpheries will all be in year 2 with us. Jonnu gets an expanded role now. Evans is an upgrade over Lewis. AJ Brown is in year 2. Corey Davis could be healthy.

We added a pass rusher in Beasley, Simmons gets a full offseason, Butler gets healthy and the trio of Brown, Evans and Landry should all continue to improve.

The minor steps back we took in talent by going younger and cheaper will be made up for with all of our core players continuing to progress. Will we duplicate last season? Who knows. Its not easy getting to the AFC Championship and last time I checked there has been only 1 team that has consistently done it the last 20+ years.

Tip of the cap for the subtle dig on Davis.