Is the roster better or worse than last season?

MM is relevant in the fact we scraped to a 2-4 record with him. We would have easily been 4-2 with Tannehill and looking at a home playoff game. He’s definitely relevant to the conversation. We are better simply because we won’t have a terrible QB out there for over a quarter of the season.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on the playoff roster, I’d have to say better.   Add Beasley at OLB. Butler replaces Ryan plus they added Fulton. A healthy Humphreys replaces Sharpe. Evans replaces Lewis at RB. Conklin

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

MM is relevant in the fact we scraped to a 2-4 record with him. We would have easily been 4-2 with Tannehill and looking at a home playoff game. He’s definitely relevant to the conversation. We are better simply because we won’t have a terrible QB out there for over a quarter of the season.

He's not relevant because he didnt start the last 10 game sof the season and the playoffs .

What are we comparing to? The beginning of last season or the end?

Why compare to the beginning? It's not even a thread worth writing in if thats the point.

Compare to how the season ended and that team. It's the only thing that makes sense to do.

17 minutes ago, titanruss said:

He's not relevant because he didnt start the last 10 game sof the season and the playoffs .

Why compare to the beginning? It's not even a thread worth writing in if thats the point.

Compare to how the season ended and that team. It's the only thing that makes sense to do.

Sounds like some are comparing the season and players as a whole, not just the beginning or end of last year, and using record as the measuring factor.  Looking at it player wise from the end of last year, the biggest factor is simply what you think of Casey right now vs how much you think Simmons will improve.  

The bulk of the team is intact and how good it is can be argued by whether you think we overachieved last season or winning in the playoffs is now the norm.

55 minutes ago, titanruss said:

In terms of our ability to make the playoffs we are in much better shape than we were last season for what I’ve already stated. 

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

In terms of our ability to make the playoffs we are in much better shape than we were last season for what I’ve already stated. 

From the beginning of the season? Yeah.. from the end of the season? No.

11 hours ago, titanruss said:

Casey came off of at least a torn MCL... everyone forgets that. Those take a year and just at about 1 year ... He turned it on at the end of the year when it mattered and was playing great then. A great leader and pace setter for the flint as well. 

regardless... His value is more than Mirch+Simmon’s improvement amount. 

Quit bringing MM into this. It has nothing to do with it. I’m comparing this team right now to who walked off the field in January. That’s the point of the thread yeah? Are we comparing to this time last year?  Why would we do that? MM wasn’t playing at the end so he’s completely irrelevant as the starting QB discussion. RT was starting.. remember? But if you want to go the MM route.. our backup situation is significantly worse now. 

LOL.  Don't patronize me, dude.  I was comparing start of season to start of season.  

22 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

LOL.  Don't patronize me, dude.  I was comparing start of season to start of season.  

Not entirely you weren't. You talk about "except for a few games, casey was on the decline"... which indicates you are talking about ANY point other than the start of the season.

14 hours ago, titanruss said:

Not entirely you weren't. You talk about "except for a few games, casey was on the decline"... which indicates you are talking about ANY point other than the start of the season.

I was just retorting what you had said. 
oh, well. Doesn’t matter. We will see what happens. 

The Casey trade is one we may regret. It made sense because of his cap number & especially because he wouldn’t help the team move some money around which was pretty disappointing. It’s tough to play the victim card as the aggrieved vet when you wouldn’t do anything to help the team financially.

That said, he was basically traded to accommodate VB’s salary & up u til now Beasley hasn’t been half the player Casey has been. I know he hasn’t made as big an impact rushing the passer the last 2 years but his run play has improved & he’s been great there. He rehabbed an injury & started off slow but looked mostly himself in the playoffs & the guy is only 30. Remember he was only 20 when drafted. 

It seems like most fans think Simmons is going to make us forget Casey but we need to put the breaks on that for a bit. Casey was a big, big time player. He played at a pro bowl level from 2013-17 & was still very good in ‘18. Solid last year. And was also a great run stuffer his first 2 years. This guy has put a TON of impressive shit on film. Ideally we could’ve used Casey & Simmons together. The narrative that they moved Casey to make room f or Simmons made no sense. DQJ clearly sits on 3rd down in that scenario.