Is the roster better or worse than last season?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on the playoff roster, I’d have to say better.   Add Beasley at OLB. Butler replaces Ryan plus they added Fulton. A healthy Humphreys replaces Sharpe. Evans replaces Lewis at RB. Conklin

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Simmons has been putting in the work during the offseason, he mentioned in a recent zoom conference call that he had dropped a fair bit of weight and you can see it in this picture, if he has regained his full mobility that he had pre ACL injury he is going to be an absolute nightmare to deal with this season.

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Looks like Simmons has been putting in the work during the offseason, he mentioned in a recent zoom conference call that he had dropped a fair bit of weight and you can see it in this picture, if he has regained his full mobility that he had pre ACL injury he is going to be an absolute nightmare to deal with this season.

Jesus. He’s going to hurt some people out there. I still have no idea how he fell so far. He could easily end up the best player of the draft if he stays healthy and keeps developing. 

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

His potential is off the charts.  He is already really good.  I can't wait to see him develop.

11 hours ago, reb9000tn said:

Have you seen the arms on Roberson? He's a beast too. If he develops look out. What a shame this season is so fucked up. I think we are more loaded with talent than any roster in Titans history, considering the skill positions. 

Totally agree.  I hope they find a way to play this season.  Potential is off the charts for this team.

I stll think, all in all, if we get Clowney than we are better. Without we are worse. Our dline is still significantly weaker and one injury away from being not very good.

I also am not sure if we can catch lightning in a bottle again on offense. On paper we should be slightly better on offense just from experience and the new additions... but doing what Henry did at the end of last season doesnt happen often.. and being as efficient as RT was doesnt happen often.

46 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I stll think, all in all, if we get Clowney than we are better. Without we are worse. Our dline is still significantly weaker and one injury away from being not very good.

I also am not sure if we can catch lightning in a bottle again on offense. On paper we should be slightly better on offense just from experience and the new additions... but doing what Henry did at the end of last season doesnt happen often.. and being as efficient as RT was doesnt happen often.

Why do you think D-line is weaker?

And we are significantly better on offense.  Two of the biggest killers on offense last season were Mariota and Lewis.  Both have been replaced.

6 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Why do you think D-line is weaker?

And we are significantly better on offense.  Two of the biggest killers on offense last season were Mariota and Lewis.  Both have been replaced.

The D-line without Casey or Clowney is weaker than last season. I dont see Lurrell Murch and a slight improvement in Simmons as making up for the loss of Casey. Plus,  if simmons or casey got hurt last year, we could deal because we had the other one. We don't have that depth now.

I do think Murch will be good eventually but this line is worse off this season without casey... unless we get Clowney.

RT started 13 games last season.. I dont think anyone here is talking about the beginning of last season but the end. .. so MM wasnt even in the thought process. Who cares if we are better than the beginning of last season?

Evans should be better than Lewis. AJ and the RG should be even better in year 2.

The rookie RT will very likely be a drop off. We didnt really replace sharpe.

I'll  repeat what I said about the offense earlier.  Yes, they should be more comfortable in the system but....

RT/DH likely take a step back. Rarely does a RB make a run like that.... and RT likely won't produce the same #1 rated efficiency either.

So I don't think we are terribly worse. Better with Clowney, and just barely worse without.

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

The D-line without Casey or Clowney is weaker than last season. I dont see Lurrell Murch and a slight improvement in Simmons as making up for the loss of Casey. Plus,  if simmons or casey got hurt last year, we could deal because we had the other one. We don't have that depth now.

I do think Murch will be good eventually but this line is worse off this season without casey... unless we get Clowney.

RT started 13 games last season.. I dont think anyone here is talking about the beginning of last season but the end. .. so MM wasnt even in the thought process. Who cares if we are better than the beginning of last season?

Evans should be better than Lewis. AJ and the RG should be even better in year 2.

The rookie RT will very likely be a drop off. We didnt really replace sharpe.

I'll  repeat what I said about the offense earlier.  Yes, they should be more comfortable in the system but....

RT/DH likely take a step back. Rarely does a RB make a run like that.... and RT likely won't produce the same #1 rated efficiency either.

So I don't think we are terribly worse. Better with Clowney, and just barely worse without.

I don't agree with most of this take.  Save for a few games, Casey was definitely on the decline.  

I think you're giving too much credit to decline and not enough to the improvements.  Tannehill is the biggest reason.  Even if he declines, he will still be a massive improvement over what we had with MM.  

I definitely think Clowney would obviously make us a better team, but i think it's wrong to assume we are worse to start off.  

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don't agree with most of this take.  Save for a few games, Casey was definitely on the decline.  

I think you're giving too much credit to decline and not enough to the improvements.  Tannehill is the biggest reason.  Even if he declines, he will still be a massive improvement over what we had with MM.  

I definitely think Clowney would obviously make us a better team, but i think it's wrong to assume we are worse to start off.  

Casey came off of at least a torn MCL... everyone forgets that. Those take a year and just at about 1 year ... He turned it on at the end of the year when it mattered and was playing great then. A great leader and pace setter for the flint as well. 

regardless... His value is more than Mirch+Simmon’s improvement amount. 

Quit bringing MM into this. It has nothing to do with it. I’m comparing this team right now to who walked off the field in January. That’s the point of the thread yeah? Are we comparing to this time last year?  Why would we do that? MM wasn’t playing at the end so he’s completely irrelevant as the starting QB discussion. RT was starting.. remember? But if you want to go the MM route.. our backup situation is significantly worse now.