7 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

They actually hired a dialect coach for him so it was definitely intentional.

The show would have been just as good and more authentic if he'd used his normal way of speaking. 

The guy from the e street band looked and sounded even more like a cartoon.

12 hours ago, Number9 said:

Don't ever watch Liev Schreiber who plays Ray Donovan.  

It's theater.  The actors/actresses you really hate are the most talented ones because they make you feel the character.

Ray Donovan is a lot better than it should be, but it's not nearly as good as it could be. If that makes sense.

Nothing against Liev Schreiber, he's great in the role, but every time I see that guy I immediately think of Cotton Weary. And he's got Don Eladio working for him as a henchman. It's weird.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

12 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

They actually hired a dialect coach for him so it was definitely intentional.

In the Pilot episode he doesn't have the accent. 

The poster is wrong though, the accent is accurate. Nothing wrong with it at all. 

On 5/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, patsplat said:

Which is better The Sopranos or Rick and Morty?

Back when the Sopranos first came out and had me hooked for the next 9 years, obviously I would have gone with that show.

But now with the season 4 finale of Rick and Morty coming up on Sunday, I would definitely have to say that it's even better than the Sopranos. Brilliant writing!

On 5/25/2020 at 2:00 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

Ray Donovan is a lot better than it should be, but it's not nearly as good as it could be. If that makes sense.

Nothing against Liev Schreiber, he's great in the role, but every time I see that guy I immediately think of Cotton Weary. And he's got Don Eladio working for him as a henchman. It's weird.

Huge Ray Donovan fan.  You have to see him interviewed, unbelievable character transformation.

I am up to the last episode of The Sopranos, season 3.  I watch 3-5 episodes a week.

Edited by Number9

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Huge Ray Donovan fan.  You have to see him interviewed, unbelievable character transformation.

I am up to the last episode of The Sopranos, season 3.  I watch 3-5 episodes a week.

"He killed 17 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"His house looked like shit."

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Which episode? The cop or the boyfriend?

I gave him a pass on both of those.  It's when he describes how great his people lived in Newark, then showing him the crack house he just bought.

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

I gave him a pass on both of those.  It's when he describes how great his people lived in Newark, then showing him the crack house he just bought.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

They all had varying levels of racist tendencies. The characters, that is. But Chase wrote from life experiences, so...

I've never been to Boston but I've heard about how racist south Boston is. Ironic given how close in proximity they are to the uber enlightened Harvard and MIT environment. You'd figure that would rub off on the area. Oh well. Guess the south doesn't have the market cornered on racism after all.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

22 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

They all had varying levels of racist tendencies. The characters, that is. But Chase wrote from life experiences, so...

I've never been to Boston but I've heard about how racist south Boston is. Ironic given how close in proximity they are to the uber enlightened Harvard and MIT environment. You'd figure that would rub off on the area. Oh well. Guess the south doesn't have the market cornered on racism after all.

I used to live in New York.  Nobody was ever interested in going to Boston, No No!  My cousin's daughter got married in Boston to an Italian.  They called to see if I was coming and I said, "I don't know nothing about Boston."  I said it in the way I would have from memory.  It's taken a while to mend that relationship.  LOL!  They have a son, beautiful little baby.  The women can't keep their hands off him.  In hindsight, I kinda which I had gone.  She's from LA and I couldn't figure out why they didn't have the wedding in Cali.

Things change.  People evolve.  Today, I think people are starting to realize black people have had some huge obstacles placed in their way and it's not because they were crackheads.  Big high level shit that made advancement as a people damn near impossible.

Edited by Number9

20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

How hard on a scale of 1 to 10 does your pecker get when you get to talk about a super racist part of the country that isn't the south? 

21 hours ago, Number9 said:

I used to live in New York.  Nobody was ever interested in going to Boston, No No!  My cousin's daughter got married in Boston to an Italian.  They called to see if I was coming and I said, "I don't know nothing about Boston."  I said it in the way I would have from memory.  It's taken a while to mend that relationship.  LOL!  They have a son, beautiful little baby.  The women can't keep their hands off him.  In hindsight, I kinda which I had gone.  She's from LA and I couldn't figure out why they didn't have the wedding in Cali.

Things change.  People evolve.  Today, I think people are starting to realize black people have had some huge obstacles placed in their way and it's not because they were crackheads.  Big high level shit that made advancement as a people damn near impossible.

Boston is basically Philly 2.0. Both have incredibly racist recent pasts and are dominated still by a lower middle class white trash demographic despite also being home to incredibly wealthy neighborhoods and world class universities. Traveling between the two of them often, it feels like I’m in the same city.