2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Even deeper than that.....

I don't think Trump trusts Pence to pardon him if he resigns. He's made the argument in the past he could pardon himself and his lawyers were actually throwing pence under the bus saying the VP didn't get the same immunity a sitting president gets. 

Trump faces enormous financial and criminal liability right now, it's the reason for his total recent meltdown 

Trump has spent years building up to this point....and at last, he's finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's headed right at him and there's no way out.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Fun fact: I know that person who worked for Gore (but no, I have never brought up the incident with him because it was a personal embarrassment to him)

That's pretty crazy. 

19 minutes ago, tgo said:

That's pretty crazy. 

He used to live in Nashville. He didn’t grow up here but his parents did. His grandparents were close friends with mine and my parents actually met because they were set up on a blind date for a party for this guy's father (or his uncle, I can’t remember for sure). He went to school at Vanderbilt and volunteered for Gore not too long after he graduated.

I never really figured out for sure if he was bragging to his friend as a joke about having inside dirt on the Bush campaign or if he was serious and had to cover it up for the campaign afterwards and take the blame. He’s a very honest guy but he also was a believer in the campaign so I could see either having happened. But frankly he was just a volunteer, not some higher up would have had access to real dirt.

Either way, he took it pretty hard. He thought he was going to get a job in the White House as a Gore staffer and instead he becomes a political punching bag. Shitty turn of events.

After nearly 40 years of working for the Department of Justice (DOJ), Assistant U.S. Attorney Phillip Halpern says he is “fleeing” the department over Attorney General William Barr's "slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will."

In an op-ed published Wednesday in The San Diego Union-Tribune, Halpern, who said he's served under 19 attorneys general and six presidents, called Barr's “resentment toward rule-of-law prosecutors,” and flagrant efforts to assist President Trump’s allies dangerous for the department.

“I have respected our leadership regardless of whether we were led by a Republican or a Democrat. I always believed the department’s past leaders were dedicated to the rule of law and the guiding principle that justice is blind. That is a bygone era, but it should not be forgotten,” he wrote.

He referenced Barr’s “meddling” in the trials of Trump associates Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn and Roger Stone, including instances where federal judges have taken action against Barr’s attempts to have the cases dismissed or postponed. "This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy," Halpern said.