More Corruption

tgo

2 minutes ago, chef said:

And yet his defense is still pretty much working for his own.  

I think the extremism of partisan politics that really kicked in gear around time of Clinton impeachment trial (not like they weren't always around, but sides became more blind to their own than ever then) has truly put us - or more specifically the Republican party today - into a real life DC version of the bumper sticker I'd Rather Push My Chevy Than Drive A Ford.

It's like the dude who plays Black Jack all fucked up and wins a few hands but Trump just keeps doing it. 

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Media needs to STOP covering Trumps culture war bait and cover the fuck out of this corruption. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chef said:

Not so sure that is best comparison.  Maybe more like Turkmenistan.  Even though Xi Jinping has the whole dictator cult of personality thing going on, you feel they are still anti-corruption within their own borders, i.e. don't screw China, just everybody else.  MCGA seems more accurate in their intentions, with country above individual, than as a simply a campaign slogan like here.  I mean, which country has actually ended up stronger in the world under current leadership.

No, communist China fits well. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I guess I just feel Ji cares more about his country (not individual people in his country mind you) than Trump, at least as far as comparing his love of country for love of self.

Feel like Putin splits the two, likely tilting towards Trump.

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I disagree with this.  My Chinese sister in law was telling us to "make sure you get tested.". The idea that there wouldn't be tests available was a shock to her.

China rallied around supporting Wuhan.  Nurses from all over the country travelled to the region, shaved their heads, and helped get things sorted out.

Hospitals were quickly built to make sure sick people were immediately quarantined and not exposing the rest of the population.

There are positives to communism and those positives were in display in the Chinese response.

This isn't to say they did everything right, or that they don't do things very wrong.  But let's not be so racist as to miss that some things were impressively managed.

25 minutes ago, chef said:

I guess I just feel Ji cares more about his country (not individual people in his country mind you) than Trump, at least as far as comparing his love of country for love of self.

Feel like Putin splits the two, likely tilting towards Trump.

That much is clear. Russia and whoever else are not nearly the big hitters as the US. Maybe old school Communist China would have been* a better analogy. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

I disagree with this.  My Chinese sister in law was telling us to "make sure you get tested.". The idea that there wouldn't be tests available was a shock to her.

China rallied around supporting Wuhan.  Nurses from all over the country travelled to the region, shaved their heads, and helped get things sorted out.

Hospitals were quickly built to make sure sick people were immediately quarantined and not exposing the rest of the population.

There are positives to communism and those positives were in display in the Chinese response.

This isn't to say they did everything right, or that they don't do things very wrong.  But let's not be so racist as to miss that some things were impressively managed.

We were talking about them removing 5 IGs in less than two weeks for people who were political affiliates. 

7 hours ago, Come on Titans said:

Trump swamp.....

The Trump administration gave a drug-making contract worth up to $812 million to a small Virginia firm founded less than 6 months ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administration-gave-drug-making-112329707.html

Company is Phlow....CEO is Kaleo Edwards 

An earlier company he founded, Kaleo, was investigated by the US Senate for abruptly increasing prices for an opioid overdose treatment by more than 600%. Kaleo was also scrutinized by Senator Chuck Grassley for selling a rival product to the EpiPen for $4,500.

How is any company this guy is associated with even a consideration for federal funding?? Please help us understand the wisdom in this decision, Trump supporters..

Well, if you read the article the answer is right there.

Does this look bad? Yep. Let's all keep an eye on them and hope it doesnt end up like another Solyndra. 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/915535/taxpayers-paid-food-harpist-goody-bags-pompeos-frequent-500guest-formal-dinners

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo regularly held taxpayer-funded, 500-guest formal dinners — and President Trump reportedly knew nothing about them.

Until the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Pompeo often invited hundreds of guests to the U.S. State Department for his "Madison Dinners," referring to how former President James Madison often met with foreign diplomats over a meal. But unlike Madison, Pompeo invited more than just diplomats to his dinners, and sent the bill for food, entertainment, and goody bags to the U.S. government, NBC News reports.

Pompeo held about two dozen Madison dinners since he took office in 2018, and they were scheduled through October until the coronavirus hit, NBC News reports via dinner guest lists and State Department calendars. About 30 percent of invitees worked in politics, another 29 percent came from corporate backgrounds, a quarter were in media and entertainment, and just 14 percent were actually involved in foreign policy. Some of those less diplomatic invitees included Reba McEntire, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Fox News host Brian Kilmeade, and they all enjoyed harp music and embossed Madison Dinner pens and journals to take home.

yup...that's our douche-nozzle-in-chief...

Trump says he’ll cut off funding to states that make it easier to vote

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/20/21264821/trump-michigan-nevada-funding-cares-act-unconstitutional

He'll have trouble selling this outside the cult. 

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-latest-voter-fraud-misinformation/