Vrabel: Still a meathead?

Denali

When Vrabel was first brought on, a number of you were saying that Vrabel was a meathead (I won't mention names), and because of that, your expectations were low.  Almost as if he was some sort of glorified Munchak.

But now seeing what he has done with the team and how they have performed, and seeing his game time decisions (Jets game 2018 and this year's Patriots playoff game are some examples), where do you stand now?

Is Vrabel still a meathead?

Edited by Denali

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he's a really good coach and pretty smart   and a meathead

I think Vrabel's at a good point in his life to be a player's coach in the current league.  He's got the rings and the rep that makes players respect him.  He comes from the Bellicheck tree where ther

When I saw him on the draft and saw him pulling out that big wad of snuff I thought, what a meathead 

Posted Images

Just now, OILERMAN said:

When I saw him on the draft and saw him pulling out that big wad of snuff I thought, what a meathead 

But what do you think now?

Vrabel's biggest test begins this year. The conservative offense has got to go. I'm not talking about not being a running team, I'm talking about the fact that when he has a 7+ point lead he goes conservative as if that will last even when it was the 1st half. Many will remember I kept posting in the game threads "go conservative and get your ass kicked." It almost cost us a playoff spot (I highly recommend you watch the Bucs game on GamePass) and it eventually led to our demise against the Chiefs. We got a 10 point lead on KC and Vrabel went completely away from Tannehill. 

Being an optimist, I have a feeling Vrabel will adapt. I'm hopeful the loss against KC and how close we got has festered his incredibly competitive personality. 

Edited by AvgJoe

Vrabel’s biggest test!  His QB goes down game one. Vrabel responds w/wildcat and a road win. Vrabel’s biggest test. Start season 2-4. Vrabel gets team to playoffs. Vrabel’s biggest test. Vrabel gets team to AFCCG. Vrabel’s biggest test. 

For a meathead he is ace’n tests like a MF. 

1 hour ago, Denali said:

When Vrabel was first brought on, a number of you were saying that Vrabel was a meathead (I won't mention names), and because of that, your expectations were low.  Almost as if he was some sort of glorified Munchak.

But now seeing what he has done with the team and how they have performed, and seeing his game time decisions (Jets game 2018 and this year's Patriots playoff game are some examples), where do you stand now?

Is Vrabel still a meathead?

See what you fail to realize is that way back then, when O-man called him a meathead it was actually a compliment. He knew all along. #3dchess.

38 minutes ago, smokeater said:

He's definitely a smart meathead, which on the surface is what you would want out of your head coach.  Being football smart and a leader is obvious, but the game still has and needs a little meathead even in this day and age.

Exactly

It's only a problem if the coach is a meathead and an idiot. Like Singletary for example and of course Tomsula

12 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

To be honest I think Vrabel is only as good as his coordinators are. I still don't fully believe in him. He has a heck of a GM providing talent and scouting. He is a motivational coach. Meaning he knows how to motivate a team to play through Ra-Ra speeches lol.

But we all know after awhile those coaches speeches and everything else eventually gets old. I'd feel more comfortable if he was an X's and O's type guy. I'm nervous to what our defense will look like under him. Hopefully we can win the big one a few times before he gets old.

He had a learning curve but I am very impressed by where he has come. And it looks like the players love him and he loves the job. I will say I am a bit worried about him running the d now on top of being hc but we will see.