Tannehill Taking Charge

BudsOilers

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You heard multiple offensive players talk about how much of a change it was once Tannehill took over in regards to his assertiveness in the huddle and the command he had.    Mariota was clea

Former Dolphin fan browsing and had to reply about this BS hack piece.  It was about a Saturday practice before a London game.  Those are called walk throughs.  A practice squad guy was jumping routes

Posted Images

I think this overly credits Tannehill whereas it should just highlight how easy Mariota's job should have been. Those aren't difficult throws nor crazy reads-- they are just the right plays. 

14 minutes ago, titansfan said:

I think this overly credits Tannehill whereas it should just highlight how easy Mariota's job should have been. Those aren't difficult throws nor crazy reads-- they are just the right plays. 

That's like 6 percent of the throws that he attempted the entire year.  Mariota had several throws which resulted in a lot of YAC as well.  

On 5/2/2020 at 8:24 PM, OILERMAN said:

You heard multiple offensive players talk about how much of a change it was once Tannehill took over in regards to his assertiveness in the huddle and the command he had. 

Mariota was clearly a weak passive non assertive QB with no command 

Oh, but he was a different kinda leader. He lead by...  ah. ah.   Making his bed every morning. That’s important.  

1 hour ago, HawkeyeGold said:

Former Dolphin fan browsing and had to reply about this BS hack piece.  It was about a Saturday practice before a London game.  Those are called walk throughs.  A practice squad guy was jumping routes during a walk through and the team's starting QB lit him up for it.  That shouldn't have been news and certainly not some spin that the starting QB was getting torn up by the scout team in practice and couldn't mentally handle it.  Of course the guy that was jerking around  during  the walk through and got into with Tannehill and then leaked some BS story to the press was a guy who was kicked off his Cal football team for being a crappy teammate.   Only in Miami would that story turn out as it did.  It was a reflection of the weak culture Philbin had built and the effect of an interim coach after he fired.  

Tannehill is a solid QB who took a beating in Miami behind what was always one of the worst lines in the league and had dismal skill players around him.  He made what should have been a 3-4 win team a 7-8 win team.   And then he had to deal with this kind of reporting.  He has his warts on the field, but he's a class act.  If you want to rag on him for holding the ball too long to find the open man, pocket feel, or not processing on the fly, they are probably all arguments with some validity.   But, being a bad teammate and a jerk is fiction.

Having joined 1 hour ago I will give you the speech I give all new people on the forum. Get a fell for this place before you get offended. You can have a great time here but it is a fucking frat house. You will get tons of bullshit in the form of opinions as well as just shit to fuck with you.

It is worse if they know you are an outsider. Just have tough skin and learn to play with the rest of us assholes and you will have a great time.

1 minute ago, PhinFan1968 said:

Glad I was in before it was officially activated!

Kinda shocked that did not hit you with that one. Someone always does it lol. The fact i am a huge dick and I am the welcome wagon around here should be all anyone needs to know about this place.